1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory Not all RAM usable

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by randomgerbil, 26 Nov 2010.

1. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Change Auto to Profile 1 (on XMP) to get the proper memory voltages and specification.
    Basically this Intel CPU can't detect your memory configuration, so this was implement to go around the problem.

2. randomgerbil

randomgerbil What's a Dremel?

I normaly have profile 1 enabled, this is it with it off

3. semiotic

semiotic What's a Dremel?

Probably a stupid suggestion but there aren't any jumpers that need playing with are there?

4. randomgerbil

done, no improvement on the quantity I can use

5. GoodBytes

Well I am getting out of ideas...
    I don't know if you can return everything... and buy something else. If not.. than maybe you can see (if you are lucky), if you can exchange your motherboard with Gigabyte for a better one and pay the difference of something. But then again, there is no guaranty that it will now work. :S

Can you ask on gigabyte motherboard forum for people with similar setups, and see what they have?

6. randomgerbil

yeah, and since I have an OEM copy of win 7 I'd need to repurchase that as well :(

7. GoodBytes

Not really. A phone activation will be needed though. And just explain that your old motherboard had to be change with a different one based on the manufacture recommendation, due to an issue with the original one. I am sure Microsoft will give you the override code. Many got no problem. Your issue is legit.

8. randomgerbil

good to know, thanks. Anyone else have any ideas?

9. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

10. GoodBytes

11. randomgerbil

12. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

have you tried using slots 2+4 instead? all 4 slots at once? some boards don't care what slots are populated as long as at least one is. also i noticed that they have bios f7 with "enhanced memory compatibility" it may be worth a go to downgrade. sometimes not all bios improvements get carried on to future versions. for example on my evga p55 board i can no longer use xmp profile after update bios, which i need to make my memory work properly.

Last edited: 27 Nov 2010
  13. randomgerbil

Only works if slot one is populated. Will try that, I updated from F8 so I'll give F7 and possibly F4 a go

14. Mitchell

Mitchell What's a Dremel?

Are you using the stock cooler or an after-market one? If after-market, Have you tried loosening off your CPU cooler mounting hardware slightly? Having the heatsink screws too tight into the CPU backplate can result in too much pressure around the socket itself. This is known to cause issues with RAM where one or more DIMM's cannot be recognised by the system.

Remember, the Memory Controller is now on the CPU itself and thus, too much pressure around the CPU backplate and socket area can cause issues such as this to arise. I've seen it happen with a few 1366 configurations.