1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Zelda (updated 02/06/04)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by DRxAndy, 13 Oct 2003.

1. Dragosoft

Dragosoft What's a Dremel?

Black... it's a passive color.. fit everywhere :D
    Let's mod :dremel:

2. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

black mouse and if possable enlarge the triforce and center it on the mouse.

3. borumas

borumas What's a Dremel?

Another vote for the black mouse with the green accents on it, I'd just print out the logo on sticker paper as said if you can.

4. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

looking great man. I think u could go with the green mouse.. not the black one.. doesn't seem to go with the zelda look to me. but Iuno that just my opinion none the less looking great so far. :thumb:

5. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

the led color is secret at the moment
    maybe i'll unveil it soon, just because i dont have many other updates for a while.

the centering of the triforce/making it larger sounds like a good idea, i'll try that out woodshop :D thanks!

keep the great responses coming guys :dremel:

6. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    DEKU TREE SPROUT:
    Hi there! I'm the Deku Tree sprout! Because you and Saria broke the curse on the Forest Temple, I can grow and flourish! Thanks a lot! Hey, have you seen your old friends? None of them recognized you with your grown-up body, did they? That's because the Kokiri never grow up! Even after seven years, they're still kids!
    You must be wondering why only you have grown up! Well, as you might have already guessed, you are not a Kokiri! You are actually a Hylian! I am happy to finally reveal this secret to you!
    (cut scene)
    Some time ago, before the King of Hyrule unified this country, there was a fierce war in our world. One day, to escape from the fires of the war, a Hylian mother and her baby boy entered this forbidden forest. The mother was gravely injured... Her only choice was to entrust the child to the Deku Tree, the guardian spirit of the forest. The Deku Tree could sense that this was a child of destiny, whose fate would affect the entire world, so he took him into the forest. After the mother passed away, the baby was raised as a Kokiri. And now, finally, the day of destiny has come!
    (end cut scene)
    You are a Hylian, and were always bound to leave this forest.
    And now...
    You have learned your own destiny... So you know what you must do...
    That's right...
    You must save the land of Hyrule!

--------------------------------------------------------

Update time :D
    Alright, so i worked on the mouse a bit the other day, and i think it turned out really nice, but more on that later.

Taking apart this microsoft mouse wasnt hard, but took me a second to make sure i didnt break anything.

[​IMG]

The back/forward web buttons are easy to take off, as seen colored with green arrows in the image above, all you do is pop them out. The main clickers and scroll area was a bit touchier, labeled with red arrows, because the 3 clips are somewhat hard to get off. I found that pushing them outward and pulling up on the main part one at a time was the easiest way to get it off.

Now for the painting... oh was it fun
    haha
    the temprature around here at any given time is usually under 20 degrees F (right now it's 9 and thats not including windchill), and snow comes down randomly day per day. Earlier this week there was a really nice day, snow was on the ground, but the sun was out, and no snow was falling. So i took advantage of this :D
    I decided to go with the main part being green, as it fit the case more (sorry you black over green fans hehe)

[​IMG]

I first brought out the side clickers and the scroll wheel area, and set them up on my antec box, ontop another smaller box, and vinyl dyed. Quickly i rushed in... which was a mistake haha
    i ended up tripping and dropping the scroll part and one of the clickers. After several angry words, cleaning and wiping down the dirty/smudged parts and having to toss my sweatshirt in the wash due to paint (luckily it didnt stain), i went back to business and fusioned the main section. I went back and gave the black parts another dying, and waited a couple hours to inspect - and I liked what i saw :D

The black vinyl dye was too flat to go with the gloss of the fusion, so i decided i'd tryst giving it a good coat of regular gloss krylon, and hope for the best.

A day later, I was anxious to put it together, so i did :D
    here are the final results:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the blue from my media computer throws off the color of the second picture, but the first is an accurate reprentation of it.

I hope to find a source for the decals/stickers soon (i'd concider doing it myself, but my color printer isnt that great and painting something on makes me a little wary), and get them made so i can add them on. When I do, of course i'll post pic's

I think i'll end this update with one final picture.
    Sort of a teaser, and this wont be the lighting scheme, buuuut...

[​IMG]
    I will be using this heatsink (thermalright slk 800a) / the fangrill in the zelda case, but not sure about the fan - its a neon translucent green el cheapo. This is in my current case now hehe

hope to have another update soon, but thats all for now

7. Shoobie

Shoobie What's a Dremel?

I've said it before (I think...), but I'll say it again. This case is awesome! The mouse looks great. I'm glad you decided to go with the green instead of the black. It fits perfectly. And I'm glad it's really a darker, forest green, and not that light green. Those grills are awesome, too. Might not do much for finger-protection, but aesthitically, they're perfect. Can't wait to see this thing finished. Keep up the good work! :hip:

8. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

mouse looks great so does that fangrill :) I dunno bout the fan though.. but its your mod so go with whatever you want :p none the less looking great so far. :rock:

9. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

hehe thanks

dont worry about that fan, like i said in the update, its just for example ;)

10. borumas

borumas What's a Dremel?

It's coming along very well, I like how that mouse and fan grille turned out, keep it going I'm sure it will be awesome when you finish it. :rock:

11. aCe2k

aCe2k What's a Dremel?

:eeek: :eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

LOOKs like a frog :D :D :D

Good moodin man! :thumb:

12. Megadoomer

Megadoomer What's a Dremel?

Hey quick question...what size rivets are used on computer cases? like 1/8" ? 1/16"? i could try to measure but i dont know how they are measured...since i have the same case as you i'm assuming the rivets are the same

13. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

i havent put any rivets back in, but from what i read 1/8th was the standard pc case size

14. Megadoomer

Megadoomer What's a Dremel?

Thanks thats what i figured...they were annoying to get out though i'mglad i'mdone with that job

15. X-W4rrioR

X-W4rrioR What's a Dremel?

woha ive been off for so long
    i see you got lots of progress mate
    winter is about to end soon.. hope to see ya getting into rage ;]

16. toand

toand What's a Dremel?

Can´t believe I´ve missed this one! :wallbash:
    So sweet, I love the whole Zelda theme you got going on here, keep it up! :D

17. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

First off, i'd like to say that i'm sorry for the long hiatus. Today I spent 3 hours modding, and i'd love to post the update.. butttt unfortunatly i dont have a digital camera at the moment to do so :(
    My sister is using it on her trip to gatlinburg, TN. She'll be home sunday (the 2nd of may) so expect pics soon.

things i did in the 3hr period

*Painted drivebay covers
    *Added to mouse mod
    *Added to fan mod
    *Adjusted screw holes (drilled) on back of case so they could fit a fan without the stupid purple fanholders
    *Sanded case frame
    *primed case frame

A real update will happen soon :D

18. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

whoops, see above

19. 273BeLow

273BeLow What's a Dremel?

looks good man just OOI have you tested the DVD/CD-RW drives yet? I'd be a bit worried about what a spinning disc would do to the paint and I know other people have used vynil dye rather than paint for this reason.

Looking forward to the end result!

20. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

Well krylon fusion is specially designed for plastic, and it keeps the original texture much like vinyl dye, but its somewhat inbetween the two from my understanding.

I am running the dvd rom in my main rig now, and it's been fine for the last couple months. I installed ut2k4, listened to a bunch of audio cd's, and did other various file coping off of it. I need to put the cd-rw back together (and paint it's outsides) before i can see any problems with it.. but the last one i had worked fine with a fusion'ed drive tray