1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide QT110 Touch-Sensitive Button Guide

Discussion in 'Modding' started by gongzero, 16 Oct 2005.

1. error404

error404 What's a Dremel?

pardon for skipping 15 pages... but, if I buy this:

[​IMG]
    E100S

could I create a touch sensitive panel to open my dvd drive... by just adding two wires to power the unit, two wires to my dvd drive, and one wire to the touch panel?

is that simple? :D

2. ZthDimension

ZthDimension Zth

honestly I have no idea but on page 13 someones done the same!!

3. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

No, the images are broken. Beside, the QT110 is depreciated; the AT42QT series is the replacement, but I've had real problems trying to source a supplier.

Edit: After having a quick check of the usual suspects, you can get the AT42QT1040 from Farnell, if you don't mind soldering a QFN-20 package. I'd prefer a AT42QT1010, but £1.10 for the AT42QT1040 isn't too bad, I suppose. It lacks the 'stuck key' reset timer but it's not like that couldn't be handled with some support components...

Last edited: 16 Sep 2010
  4. bit-tech supporter

bit-tech supporter What's a Dremel?

5. Kiplet

Kiplet What's a Dremel?

Sorry to drag this topic up again...

I've tried reading through these pages a few times, but my poor brain doesn't cope well with electronics.

I was wanting a touch-sensitive pc power on switch. so, hoping to make it easier for myself i went and got an E100S:
    [​IMG]

Which works wonderfully for opening and closing my DVD drive, but not for powering up me pc. from what I can gather, I think I either need to put in a resistor of some kind on the output wire, or connect pins 13 & 14 from the psu atx cable to the e100s for some 5volty goodness, or both.

Here's the schematic that came with the board with my annotation:
    [​IMG]

If some kind soul would offer some assistance to this feeble dullard that would be lovely.

Tags: