1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Quiet v Effective best Air Cooling Fans

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mickey123, 22 May 2006.

1. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

I like my Delta 120x79.

serious though, try Papst. Good stuff. And the Silverstone FM121. It's adjustable, comes with its own fan controller, and at full speed, pushes quite a bit of air.

2. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

The Coolermaster 80mm fans are also pretty quiet, but haven't ever compared them to the Panaflo's hitman mentioned.

3. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Having owned both, I can say that the Coolermaster is slightly louder than the Panaflo with both at 12V - it's still quiet, but the noise it makes has a bit of a buzzing component. The Panaflo @ 7V is pretty much inaudible, although I can't comment on the Coolermaster at the reduced voltage because I dropped it before I had the chance to try :sigh:

4. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

I haven't had a chance to try the Coolermasters on my main system yet, but they are far quieter than the hard drive on my server (though it is a ~3 year old one), so I'm happy.

5. Kookalamans

Kookalamans What's a Dremel?

I have two Akasa Amber fans (120mm), and I can say that they are great - very quiet, and seem to push out a fair amount of air. The one runs on an Akasa Evo 120 heatsink and on this heatsink it is very quiet (it cools my athlon X2 very well too). I imagine that it would work well as a case fan as well if you have the room. It's also almost half the price of the panaflo and papst models mentioned above.

6. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

7. Goreblast

Goreblast What's a Dremel?

8. mickey123

mickey123 What's a Dremel?

Thanks Goreblast,

Have bought 1 x 120 and 2 x 80

Ill update this thread when received and working.

Mickey

9. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

That particular Papst is a 2750rpm 42dBA loud model. Not all Papst, Panaflo, etc, models are low noise. :nono:

The Nexus Silent fans are made by Yate-Loon and internally under-volted to 1000RPM, so with a rheostat you can exactly match the speed, noise & airflow by turning the Y-L down a tad more.

Akasa Amber are a 1400RPM fan made by YS-Tech, even carry the YS-Tech model number "Y.S. Tech KM 121225LB". One advantage is you can pick one up in PC-World for £10, beats paying more plus a hefty delivery charge on the others. ;)

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

11. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

I own a noiseblocker (19db) and a yateloon (28db). I'd say the yate makes a more comfortable sound so in terms of noise i'd pick the yate.

Tags: