1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony helps rid world of Sony products

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 20 Aug 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Hugo.B

Hugo.B What's a Dremel?

The only Sony item I own is my headset, which I'm very unlikely to replace soon.

3. quack

quack Minimodder

[​IMG]

I like to take old electronics apart and smash them to bits. Mwhahahahaha.

4. topher

topher SHam!

LOL lmao go on my son lol AVE it

5. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

"Damn it feels good to be a gangsta"

I recycle my electronics myself. Kinda. I'm not going to pay to recycle my stuff, and I'm not going to give away those usable components for free. I can repair most broken items (one TV and one graphics card repaired last week alone :)) but if I can't, I'll desolder most components and either keep them for my own stash (to repair more things usually) or sell them on eBay. You can make some nice money selling grab bags of junk, transformers, chokes, large caps etc, but the big money comes from stuff like valves and ICs.

So I'm kinda doing the environment a favor. But it's usually my wallet that I'm looking out for.

6. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Such a great film.

Maybe if Sony would help the world get rid of their awful awful SonicStage software then wars would stop.

7. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

I could probably open a museum with the stuff in my basement at home, the best part is all of it still works.

when something is really broken, I do as above and part it out. my little workshop there could probably pass as an electronics chop-shop :geek::thumb:

8. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

The only good sony product ever would be the CD900ST.

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i usually recycle or repair my stuff..... or use parts of broken stuff to make cool things :D

10. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Pc components usually get handed down to my family and then I have no idea what happens. The Items I dont hand down get sold on ebay. anything left which has no value gets scrapped. Im about to scap a 19" monitor because I cant even give it away.

But where is the insentive to recycle if you have to pay to discard your crap. People will just scrap than be out of pocket.

11. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

here here, it does seem rather crazy tbh

Personally i just usually throw it in the bin (if i can)

12. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Loved the misleading/biased headline.....that wasn't you who created it, was it Joe?

13. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

sensationalising headline maybe, but misleading? an article about Sony setting up centers for recycling Sony products for free, has a headline "Sony helps rid world of Sony products" seems pretty accurate to me.

14. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Oh I know, I'm just kidding; basically just messing with Joe. But I must admit the headline was little .... ahem.... biased.... but honestly who cares, the article didn't portray it so who cares....

15. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Nope, it was me. I just thought I'd add some humour to it. :D

16. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

"However, it's probably best that the company is starting in the US, where rather backward policies make it better for everyone to screw the environment. "

Is there any proof to this statement? Can you please back it up with some evidence? I'd like to know why you think that the US is so "backwards" Is it the fact that to build a highway in mexico it costs 1/100th of the price because they don't have to spend 4 times as much time protecting the enviornment as they do so? Did you make this statement because in America you get fined $500 for throwing a ciggarette out of the window or $250-5000 for trash? Or maybe it's all of the building codes one has to go through to build even a house. Or maybe the fact that our government can decide that a piece of land owned by yourself may be unbuildable because it sits on a wetland.....OR MAYBE you are just another worthless ***** with a pen who "reports" news inaccurately with hints of hatred for the country USA. Or maybe I'm just taking offense because you guys add in crap like this to every article you release.

17. quack

quack Minimodder

Which country do you think the article's author is from?

18. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Just one word: wow!

It's not strange that there is wars raging all over the globe.

BOT: In Norway we pay a "environmental fee" for some electronic stuff, so it's free to deliver back it at the store where you bought it. (and probably at waste dumps as well)

19. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

we usually give away our useable computer to family members who want it, after a good format

20. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

He's from the USA you'll notice I never said where he was from. He should just have facts to back up stupidly bold statements like that.

Tags: Add Tags