1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Unable to enter BIOS....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SirFur, 16 Oct 2011.

1. SirFur

SirFur PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

Ok guys,

First up my system:
    Asus A8N SLI Premium
    Athlon64 4000+
    AMD HD4350
    Win XP

I am having some problems entering my old computer's motherboard BIOS. The computer runs fine, I'm just looking to change boot priority so I can put a fresh re-install of windows on it, but the problem I'm having is that I can;t even enter the BIOS...The computer has been playing up a little with crashes and occsionally restarting but nothing major...just want to provide my parents with a fresh computer....it has been on for over 5 hours now idling while I've been backing up data via the LAN ready for a fresh format of the drive, but bleh every time I try enter BIOS the computer just turns off.

I get the MOBO screensaver up that states entering setup, next I see the RAID info and then the BIOS home screen starts up but a second or two later it turns the computer off. Tried it three-four times no luck...

Anyone have any ideas whats happening?

Thanks

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Not something simple like failing to properly recognise the command from a USB keyboard is it? Might be worth giving the old PS2 connection a go if this is the case.

3. SirFur

SirFur PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

No it actually enters BIOS - as soon as it enters it though the computer turns off...I have barely a second or two...

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

When in BIOS, computer power management systems are all off (for all processors, and devices). It could be overheating, or something is broken when too much power is sent.

Avoid clearing the BIOS CMOS, because, if you cant' go back, now you really don't have a working or properly configured system.

Oh idea: Try removing everything that is not bare bone to the computer:
    1x HDD, 1x GPU, keyboard, CPU and RAM. The rest out they go, including USB devices.
    See if this works. I am thinking of a potential BIOS not liking something type of situation.