1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress White Antec 300 - Updated, got a PSU from a mate !

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Picarro, 11 Jun 2009.

1. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

So.

Main goal:
    The main goal is to get tid of the ugly black color, and paint it pure white. I believe that it will look awesome along with the blue fans I have for it. Therefore the name "Ice"..

After getting my new Raven RV01 case, my Antec 300 has just been lying around, and what a waste!

I have been looking at alot of the project descriptions in here, and to be honest, I will be nowhere near the amount of time and energy spent in some of these builds. I just wanted to paint my Antec 300 white, since I have some surplus white spray paint. I know that it is not the best way and bla bla bla. But for me as a student with a budget of .. 20 pounds.. It is not gonna be something amazing lol.. But let me start with a few pictures of the patient:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Old holes for cable management.. Selfmade :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Didnt have the patience to put it all back together. Learn to live with an incomplete case :D

Gonna do some sanding now, and then it will be interesting how that turns out.. :worried:

- UPDATE -

Now the sanding is done.. Doesn't get any better since my arms hurt :s, and my dad's workshop looks like someone threw a black spray paint and some C4 in there :eyebrow:

So:

[​IMG]
    Dirty?
    [​IMG]
    Both panels finished
    [​IMG]
    bottom of the case, was hard to sand properly..
    [​IMG]
    Top of case.. Shiney :D

Not gonna paint it tonight.. That will be for tomorrow :)

- UPDATE -

Painted :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    that how it would look in orange.. Ooouuuhh..

Okay, now I have to wait for the paint to dry and then I can give it some gloss :D

Last edited: 16 Jun 2009
  2. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Buuuh :( my first mod and noone is saying it is a nice job.. I am gonna throw some orange into I think.. Something like the PCI-E covers orange.. Any good ideas for something else to be orange? :D

3. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

:thumb: i like it, especially the orange accents. wouldnt add too much orange to the outside, it would ruin the clean look.

4. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

No, actually I was thinking something like orange insides, and maybe orange PCI-E covers, but not anything else.

5. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

I suggest that you work on your photo sizing if you want better feedback. My system just had a minor stroke trying to look at this thread. :rolleyes:

6. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

haha, yeah I know.. Actually, I'll do that now :p

Edit: Okay, got some more painting done, and I am gonna go away from the "Ice" thingy.. Now it is just gonna be white and orange. Gonna post some pics later, when I have the time to shoot 'em.

Last edited: 13 Jun 2009
  7. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

- UPDATE -

Spent today painting the case with a friend, and originally, the case was to be very minimalistic, but after seeing how nice the orange paint looked. I had to paint some more stuff with it. I have no idea where this will end, but it is gonna be cool :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of it looks cool, but the paintjob could be better on some parts. But I can live with it, since it is my first real mod.

Last edited: 13 Jun 2009
  8. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Nice job. The white and orange compliment each other very well, I had a few mods drawn up with that colour scheme ;). I will be doing a similar sort of mod for for my brother, a quick pull apart and paint of his NZXT Alpha, I promised him I would do it for him as a birthday present...that was in January LOL. I have been too flat out with uni.

9. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

I know that very well. I should be studying for History and Physics/Chemistry exam, but modding is much more fun :D

And I really love orange. The white was more from the view that I have never seen a white Antec, and very few of the cool casemods are white, since it is considered that boring IBM 90's plastic white.

10. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

So, first coat of varnish going on. I hope it dryes up invisible since it left some nasty yellowish spots where I started the run. Not something you can see in normal day use, but under powerful light, it is visible atm.. :(

11. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

this is gunna look sooo good :)

12. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Varnish turned out okay. No ugly yellowish spots or the likes. :). I have a little something up my sleeve as a last thing to do, but it is gonna take some time, and I can only do it when the paint has dryed enough :(

13. The boy 4rm oz

Can't wait to see the varnish ;).

14. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

I love Antec 300 mods, this will be nice.

15. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

I keep getting dust on the newly painted varnish :(, I am considering sanding it with some 800 wet sand paper I have, and then leave it non-glossy (whats the english word?). My only fear is that the paint will not be strong enough to survive being opened and closed multiple times for when installing and removing hardware if I don't varnish it..

16. fu manchu

fu manchu I'll have the special.

Matt is the english word.

Nice work.

17. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Ah, thanks, it is the same word in danish, just spelled "mat".

18. Bullitdodger

Bullitdodger If it ain't broke....Tweak it.

.....Matt?:worried:

Nice colors though. White and orange should turn out great.:)

19. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

I can't handle this anymore :s, 2. time the varnish has turned out crap, and in my stupidity I managed to place 5 beautiful black fingermarks on the white panel.. I am gonna sand it down first thing tomorrow when it is dry. Then people just have to live with the fact that it is matt and not a polished surface ;)

20. The boy 4rm oz

Make a paint boot to stop getting dust on in. Or if you are painting in a room get a spray bottle filled with water and spray the "mist" around the room. The mist will drag the dust out of the air and it won't settle on your varnish. Make sure you spray mist on the carpet and furniture also.