1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha CRW-F1 CDRW

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Cheese, 28 Feb 2003.

1. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

I got mine just before Chrimbo from PCWorld at the amazing price of £59 they were on offer for one week!

I dont use the T@2 function at all on it because I cannot find discs with a deep enough dye.

It is however a good solid (quiet) and robust drive.

2. couzo

couzo What's a Dremel?

Lucky you!! How do you set up Nero to run properly as when i try to burn at say 44x it says burn failed and then when i select 16x it starts the clock going but nothing happens at all then when i try to cancel it it stops responding and I have to restart the computer to be able to use the cd rom???

3. IronFire

IronFire What's a Dremel?

Sounds like somethign aint right there, if it wont burn at 44x it will drop the write speed down to 16x automaticaly.

You are using the version of Nero that came with the drive ?

Last edited: 11 Mar 2003
  4. arkus

arkus What's a Dremel?

I've had my CRW-F1 since late last year (after replacing my Plextor which I put in another PC to sell) and must admit, I've been very impressed with it. At the price I paid then (about £110) it's still been a good buy, even considering that it was much more expensive than any other alternative.

I've done a helluva lot of burning and not had a single coaster yet. It's relatively quiet too, and best of all, it has that great blue LED on the front to match my CM case ;)

Must admit that I was a little irked by the fact that it's an off-white in colour though - I was expecting closer to silver - the photos on Yamaha's site looked much more like silver than off-white - guess I shoulda read the small print :sigh:

Shame Yamaha have pulled out of the CDRW market - the CRW-F1 is great.

5. couzo

couzo What's a Dremel?

yes I am using the nero software that came with it

6. ChriX

ChriX ^

IronFire: does your store still have some?

7. IronFire

Last time I was in ( Sunday ) they had 4 on the shelfs and maybe more in the warehouse, I doubt they would have gone as they are normaly to expensive for the average PCW customer.

couzuo all I can think of is some how you have managed to incorecterly configure it, have you managed to solve it ?

8. couzo

couzo What's a Dremel?

i have not configered it at all? should i, i assume!! if so how? I hated nero when i got my first cdrw and thought it would be easier to use as I can burn cds with media player easily with it but they have not really cleared up the interface very well!!

9. IronFire

It should work straight away, instal drive, install nero and it works.

Is it still not working ?

10. couzo

couzo What's a Dremel?

Right I can burn Cds with media player and can even use the T@2 function in Nero but when i go to burn cds on nero it starts the first function the clock starts and nothing happens at all????

11. IronFire

Sounds like theres an incompatibilty or confilct with some other software your running, try useing google to see if it has an awnser.

12. Rod10k

Rod10k What's a Dremel?

got some bulkpaq 40x cd's with blue dye from bigpockets.

They work at 44x and the dye is dark enough for it to be visible without tilting to the light.

looking now they don't seem to have any :(

But they are very nice...

Rod

13. xcqt

xcqt What's a Dremel?

maxell disc are a dark blue colour .

you dont even need to load the yamaha nero disc if you have 5.5 as it changes soon as you put in the drive and you get all the features .

Got my drive from pc world 2 weeks a go, paid £69 they had loads of stock .

14. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

LOLS, my anti pc world gimpyness had paid off at last, just got one 2nh hand off the hexus for sale forum for 35 quid :)

see being a stubborn anti corporation bitch somtimes works in your favour....

15. russdaplaya

russdaplaya What's a Dremel?

Yeah ten years later.... :p

16. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

My Yamaha CRW-F1 is dying :( Loads of power calibration and verification failures at 8x+ now. Won't read a lot of disks either, even ones it burnt and verified itself. Sent an email off, but it is a faint hope given the age of the drive (>1yr) and Yamaha cancelling their CD-RW business.

17. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

actually ive noticed mine being a but fussy on some random cdrs recently....

18. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Do some verification tests, if you notice a sudden surge in verification failures at 44x your drive is probably the same as mine.

19. Rod10k

Rod10k What's a Dremel?

Remember that they do have a 2 year warranty and Yamaha did say when they pulled out that they would honour it, so you never know..

Rod

Tags: Add Tags