1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha CRW-F1 CDRW

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Cheese, 28 Feb 2003.

1. IronFire

IronFire What's a Dremel?

Well I have had this drive since Novembre and have been reviewing it for a long time, the review was basicaly completed before Yamaha anounced thay where stopping production.

As I work part time as a Customer Service rep at a PC World store I can tell you they do have them. If they say they don't tell them to check the LDC using REPOS. If this shows none tell them to get some sent from store number 4825 ( mine ) as we have quite a few. If not tell them to check the National distribution centre for any stock.

Sorry I cant help any further :(

2. couzo

couzo What's a Dremel?

So how much are pc world doing them for? Could I order one from your store over the phone to be sent to my home?

3. IronFire

You could get it either sent to your house, your local PC World to collect or to your local distribution centre for collection. I think they are aproximaterly £79.

4. couzo

couzo What's a Dremel?

cool do I ring your branch or do you have a mail order number?

5. IronFire

Tell that to your local PC world store or get the central number from directory inquires and phone them.

6. russdaplaya

russdaplaya What's a Dremel?

Got one coming to my house on Saturday from your store IronFire. :D Thank you for the advice on getting one and giving us your store number!

Now the next hurdle is trying to find suitable media for the 'DiscT@2' I went to a computer fare yesturday and could'nt find any dark dye media at all! Any one know of where I can get hold of good media for the T@2?
    Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Big thanks to IronFire for the information too!:rock:

7. couzo

couzo What's a Dremel?

nice one russ Ihope to get one tomorrow which number did you ring? Also I did not know you needed special discs for the T@2 to work Iwould like to know where to get some also!!!!

8. russdaplaya

I just called 192 Directory Enquires n asked for PC World. Then I pressed the number for info on your local branch, and asked for Salsbury on the Southampton Road store 4825 (sales dept.) n they connected me. I then asked for the CRW-F1!

9. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

anyone found a brit webshop with em in stock for a decent price.

i draw the line at pc world, i will not stoop so low :nono:

hazza

10. russdaplaya

After I checked all 120 google uk links on CRW-F1 it appears there are no online retailers with any in stock. Plus any that I did enquire on which had them on there site replied with we don't have any, and they were all selling at prices high than PC World. So I called up PC World and they are sending me the drive with a pack of 10 or 20 (I can't remember which) free CD-R's.
    If you really wanted the drive then I doubt you would be bothered about ordering one from PC World anyway!

11. couzo

couzo What's a Dremel?

when it comes to ordering this cdrw I would order it from bill gates himself if I had to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock: 666 the number of the beast!!!

12. IronFire

I am glad you guys have managed to get hold of some drives, its a real shame that Yamaha have stop making them. Lets hope they sell some of there T@2 tech to some other CD Writer companys.

Regarding blue disks try http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/ I have contacted them regarding dye type and they where not certain so try buying a selection of disks to find the best ones.

Thanks to all who mailed me regarding 24x media :)

13. couzo

couzo What's a Dremel?

Hey ironfire I managed to get one from your branch and they are sending me one!!!!!!! woohoo can't wait shame I had to wait 15 minutes on hold and got cut off once!!!!! Can't wait to see what this bad boy is like. Also the guy siad you had non then checked and said you had 20 coming in today!!!

14. IronFire

I'm glad you managed to get hold of one, if you need any help once you have it contact me.

15. russdaplaya

Got my drive this Saturday on time as they said it would. :D

Still having trouble finding media suitable for the DiscT@2 though. :sigh:

I notice on the american site Yamaha sell the DiscT@2 Discs in 10's, 20's and 50's, god damn americans get everything. :wallbash:

16. couzo

couzo What's a Dremel?

hopefully will be getting mine today I had a parcel delivered on froday but no one was in do pc world use securicor? If not I have no idea what they tried to deliver!!

17. IronFire

I am afraid I dont know what Shipping company they use, instore we use DHL mainly.

On another topic I recieved an e-mail regarding writing inbetween 16x and 44x by turning off write speed control using Nero. I forgot to mention this could be done but it is not recomended as officialy it only supports 1X, 4X, 8X, 16X (CLV), Max.44X (Full CAV) and the recordng quality wouldnt be guarented as such.

Even so if you wish to turn it off, which is not recomended, go to :

In Nero go to Recorder -> Choose Recorder -> Go to Yamaha CRW-F1 ->
    Click Options -> Untick Optimum Write Speed Control

Thanks to James for pointing this out.

18. russdaplaya

Yep it's securicor :D Thats why I said I wanted mine on Saturday as I've been in the situation you are many times..

19. couzo

couzo What's a Dremel?

wow got it today was dreading it was the wrong one as the guy was not convising that it was the right one but woohhoo it is!!!!! Will be burning cds again!!!

20. couzo

couzo What's a Dremel?

Also when burning audio cds there is pretty much no room for the T@2 function????? Oh well it is a good drive other than that annoying fact any tips on using the T@2 function would be great

Tags: Add Tags