1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Zotac GeForce GTX 470 Amp! Edition

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 Oct 2010.

1. Zeus-Nolan

Zeus-Nolan Minimodder

2. Xir

Xir Modder

Here it's in German, though.

This should be the english version, but I haven't checked.

3. ian8415

ian8415 What's a Dremel?

Should've compared to a non standard 5870, as there are many out there which compete with this on price, are overclocked and sport fancy coolers.

On a different note its funny that in the original review of a stock 5870 didn't really sing its praises;

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2009/09/23/ait-radeon-hd-5870-1gb-review/9

even though it was as fast a 4870x2, but now its hereld in the hall of fame because and rained as the leading card for what seems like fxxxxxxg ages

4. cgthomas

cgthomas Cpt. Handsome

should've compared to the full ati and nvidia range

5. Synay

Synay What's a Dremel?

I must admit, I just bought this card following bit-tech's review and I must say I'm not disappointed. Card performs brilliantly and I'm yet to see any game that chokes it. It's connected to a full HD Sony 40" TV and it's brilliant. As per review, the cooler is very, very quiet, so much so that when I run folding@home the only thing I hear is chokes. It overclocks brilliantly too. I have no idea why temperatures where too high and reviewer needed to crank up the fan speed to 70%, I overclocked mine using EVGA's Precision tool to Core 756 and Shaders 1512 MHz respectively and it's still on whisper quiet 40% fan speed and temperature doesn't exceed 63 degrees at any time. That applies when I fold on both GPU and CPU in the Fractal Design R3 case.

For folders: overclocked like that, card returns nearly 15000 PPD, which is indeed very good.

And I didn't have any problem with the shroud, as I said even so overclocked the only thing I hear is chokes. Very highly recommended. :thumb:

6. Wingtale

Wingtale What's a Dremel?

Its still going to cost more eventually with the higher electricity amount

Tags: Add Tags