1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Activision plan to release cutscenes as movies

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Sep 2010.

1. dangerman1337

dangerman1337 Minimodder

I think what Warren Spector said a while back about games coming cinematic :rolleyes:.

2. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Needed a good laugh today, and this will do just fine.

3. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Errrm... No.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I had a chuckle... then I cried... then I remembered I stopped caring about them or taking them seriously a long time ago.

5. cgthomas

cgthomas Cpt. Handsome

? the lastest blockbuster anyone? Call of Duty 4,5,6,7 + starcarft + wow + tony hawk Movie

6. djab

djab What's a Dremel?

It kind of already exists:
    Blizzard Entertainment DVD Collection (Cut scenes for Diablo II Warcraft III and Starcraft)
    http://www.amazon.com/Blizzard-Entertainment-Collection-Warcraft-Starcraft-Pc/dp/B00006SG4T

I am not sure but these may have been part of the collector edition of a previous game (may be the collector edition of WoW... I can not remember).

They should at least propose some kind of HD remastering (or what ever comes next) when selling this kind of products.
    But I think it should be provided as free dlc to people who bought the original games (at least the collector editions of the games).
    Things like collector editions of a sequel containing remastered cut scenes of the previous game are not too bad either (also including those of the actual game is better).

Selling that at the said prices is stupid. Coming from Kotick, it does not surprise me at all... :grr:

7. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Why don't they just make CGI based films and leave making games alone. They're bad enough at the latter that walking away will do the industry a favor!

8. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

Hour long cutscenes??? WTF!

Surely joning all the cut scenes together would be very disjointed and not make sense unless they explain all the gameplay that went on between each scene?

It would be good to show highlights of the gameplay too and show it all as one movie that explains the story and what the game was like to play for those that didn't get round to playing a certain game but wanted to know what all the fuss was about could catch up by watching the video.

Probably would be boring to watch tho if it went on too long and I wouldn't want to pay £15 to watch a game I could probably pick up in a Steam sale for £5!

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Please please please, stop giving me reasons to hate you Kotick.

10. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

So how long before someone just uses fraps to record them all, stitch them together in premiere and release it on the net?

I would, if my lappy could actually keep a constant framerate on the bloody game :/

11. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

What a delude piece of crap...

12. SaNdCrAwLeR

SaNdCrAwLeR What's a Dremel?

when they say capitalize on their clients...
    seriously? 60 euros for a 2 year old game is not capitalizing on em? :eek:

13. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

At least read the topic before complaining!!!

its not joining cutscenes together, they want to make hour-long cutscenes for comming games, and sell them to you at a terrible price like if they were Hollywood movies. LIE IF THEY WERE EVEN ANY GOOD AT MAKING MOVIES!!

14. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

Yet another attempt to extort cash out of its customer base - first thing they gotta do is make some cut scenes worth watching 'packaged up'... But why anyone would be willing to part with $20 or $30 for something like this is beyond comprehension.

Man's delusional...

15. general22

general22 What's a Dremel?

I would definitely like to see a Starcraft movie but er not just a bunch of cutscenes re-enacted or most likely with Activision cutscenes ripped straight from the game.

16. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

Bobby Kotick is the worst thing to happen to the industry, and is the reason I did not buy Starcraft 2, I will not buy any game with Activision's name on it, and sales numbers are the only thing he clearly understands.

17. ThunderBob

ThunderBob What's a Dremel?

The idea sucks.

You can see Activisions greedy hand in everything. Just look at Blizzard.

18. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that kinda similar to some forms of machinima, like the one for Anachronox a few years ago where the cutscenes were strung together to make a movie? Still think it's a bit strange charging for cutscenes in that way, it'd be a better idea including it as part of a special edition etc but I guess there is a lot less profit for them in that.

19. Tsung

Tsung What's a Dremel?

He's missing a trick here, what they should do is charge $20 - $30 for the ability to skip intros and cutscenes in games. To ensure those who did not pay watch (instead of letting it play and doing something else), have a quick multichoice question at the end of the cutscene. Get one question wrong and it will replay the whole cutscene.

20. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I read it thanks. Joining any cutscenes, whether hour long or not, will still not make sense without knowing what happened inbetween each of them...and who wants to watch an hour long cut scene?

Tags: Add Tags