1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Apple to charge for BootCamp?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 23 Jan 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

They should include it for free with a system purchase or a tiny miniscule charge of $1

3. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

cant you use VMware to boot Mac in a linux/windows environment anyway? (and vmware is free..)

4. plagio

plagio What's a Dremel?

well, isn't vmware virtualization only ? With bootcamp you can boot your mac with windows period.
    I quote Doug, it should be included in the OS.

5. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

It will come free with the next major release of OSX - 10.5 (Leopard).

I can't understand the fuss being made over it. Is it because it's Apple doing it? Lots of companies put out free beta software, and then start charging for it when the 'full' version is released... :confused:

Anyhow - If you want to keep using it with Tiger, you can either stick with the free 'beta' version or stump up the reddies for the full version of bootcamp. Like the news article says, $29 isn't a lot - and you'd expect to pay for other utilities of this kind - Parallels costs more than this.

I for one will be buying a full monty copy of Leopard, so I don't care. :p :D

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

that is a good price for the type of the software, as long as it is not like.... 100$ and then 100£ in the UK i am fine with it.

7. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Seems fair enough. $30 is a tiny price when you're dropping 10 times that much on the OS, and once leopard comes with new macs it'll be a moot point anyhow.

8. belchMELCH

belchMELCH What's a Dremel?

2300 for a laptop?

uh... i dont think they cost that much anymore. dem MacBooks are reasonable. i think i'll get one when the leopard is @ .1 but hey i guess if someone did spend that much on a laptop already then wuts $30US?

if u'r a cheapy like me. hawaii's not a cheap place to live... then of course i prefer free... but i can see if bootcamp is charged seperately if one doesnt purchase Leopard. anyway, i have a vested interest in AAPL stock so...go ahead and add to that revenue. especially since i'm still using a powerbook G4

Tags: Add Tags