1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bad attitude Gamers in DotA style games?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Abhorsen, 17 Dec 2009.

1. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

As stated in the first page and you just now, the game's lower ranks/levels are filled with complete morons half the time who think that they're "amazing" and it's rather funny how ignorant they are.

On the US servers for League i'm currently Level 30 with about 160 wins and maybe a +10 W/L ratio. However on the EU servers i've only hit Level 12 with 50 games, equal W/L atm.

I'd say that for US servers, my ELO isn't too bad when i go in an arranged team (but individually it's rather poor lol) so i'd say that i've had my fair share of very decent players. However comparatively on the EU servers i'm nowhere near that level of competition yet i'll keep finding people who think that they're the next best thing since sliced bread and will be abusive and insulting to everyone even if they're the worst player on the team. Which, if i go Premade on the US will never happen since everyone's generally respectful of the others, or at least have the decency to not voice their feelings of frustration.

As for RL friends, i find it's made so much worse by the large difficulty curve. I tried to get some friends to join me but i pulled in much better competition when trying to group up. Currently only one's made the transition to actually being somewhat knowledgeable however even he admits he isn't too confident when we group up with some others (like aB :p) on the US servers.

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I hear that the US servers are better a LOT. However, the lag i get to them is so bad that the game becomes unplayable. Maybe by mid-late next year this might improve for me.
    As for the EU servers - most of the people there are very keen on bashing everyone. ignoring is really the only thing you can do.
    I am just glad that the client seems to ahve gotten better/smoother/more responsive since last week when Riot took the servers over from GOA

3. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

I play on the US servers mainly with a lv14 on the EU servers and i notice a slight difference between the two, the EU does tend to have more ragers.

My problem with the EU servers is the sheer amount of leavers, though i think that comes from being a low level. I tend to find 99% of matches finish 5 vs 5 at Level 30.

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

EU also has all the sh*thole countries (like this one) connecting, due to their better latencies to the rest of the planet.
    I've played plenty of matches where the game is 4:5 or 5:3 right at the get-go already, with people bouncing in and out as lag kicks them in the face.
    I normally check my linespeed (ping to south africa) before even bothering to try to play a game. If I see pings spiking, or pings to South Africa of 200+, I don't even bother with LoL.
    I have been bounced out of at least 4 matches myself, in spite of that.

but yeah - i've seen people AFK through a match simply because there's a WW on the other team, and things like that.

As for the rage - well, I laugh at them.

5. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Thats what annoys me the most, people who see "Insert champion A" and say oh god this is over.

Every champion can be great in the right hands, i mean look at Warwick, he can own!

6. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Yes. He can. I just can't play him properly. Hence me having shifted my focus to Mordekaiser lately. Had a go at fiddlesticks as well, and that was EPIC.

7. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

8. Davzyii

Davzyii What's a Dremel?

That page for me says that it is not there any more, has the sale already happened or what?

9. Akuman

Akuman Waffles

Completely agree.

However I would not classify WoW and DotA as the same in this case.

In WoW, the attitude is relatively more co-operative than DotA.

The thing with DotA, is that you play with individuals that you may never see again, and hence have less of a reason to be nice to them. Whereas in WoW and online MMO's that have a high social factor in them, bad reputation spreads easily.

10. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Lately i seem to be going back to champions that i enjoyed but did poorly with and now having a somewhat acceptable game.

First off was Pantheon who when i first got found to be very tempermental and ended up with a bad W/L ratio. After finding a new build i then proceeded to give quite a decent game and managed to even out my W/L (think i'm -1) from being like -10ish. Also i managed to get roughly +50 (+/-25 :p - i forget) on my K/D which i was happy with.

Now recently i've gone back to Akali (again after finding a new build) and managed to get her to appear as my third Champion as well as doing rather well. I've gone +20 on K/D but still have about 8 games to even on W/L. Bearing in mind i started at 5/14 and now am about 11/17 i think i'm rather pleased ^^.

+ Nice Kenpachi Avatar Akuma :p

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I actually had quite a few matches this weekend.
    After having played 1 game beforehand as Fiddlesticks, I bought him (he was on sale at 1350, and I didn't have the IP to buy Morde now that he's out of rotation). Then proceeded to play a few games with Fiddle. 7 to be exact.
    My W/L ration is in the 0 or -1 range right now with him, which I'd say isn't bad considering I've not played him much and considering the irregularity with which I normally play. K/D is somewhere around the 0 to +15 range, I reckon, with me ending most games in the positive, even if the team gets annihilated.

Normal build is Doran's Ring, Sorcerer's shoes, then the one wand thing (+health, +mana, +50AP), and from there I tend to see what is needed.
    Not completely happy with it yet, but I realised that the sunfire cape tends to speed up the gold farming,a llowing for faster AP gain, and is really nice for ambushes, coupled with crowstorm (350+AP Modiefier+40 from Sunfire per sec for standing near him. Then comes terror-thing and drain).

My best game with fiddle was actually a game we lost, where I ended up at 12/0/7, having killed 3 enemy champions in one crowstorm attack. The other player doing well in that match was at 13/2/4. The rest of the team just fed :(

12. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

BentAnat, consider a Rylai instead of Archangels as Fiddle is fairly squishy, also the Slow procs on his ulti meaning that all in your crowstorm are slowed.

I had a few games with Soraka and Ryze this weekend, enjoyed both. Soraka was a nice change just running around healing anyone who was low.

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Yeah. Was thinking of a Rylai, as it happens quite regulary that the pure-AP build above gets hammered the moment he appears.
    I also often find AP-fiddle a rather bad single-cue character, as he needs CC support. So maybe the Rylai might help. Maybe some MP as well...

14. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Sorcerors Shoes combined with a Abyssal takes 90% Champs who don't get additional MR to 0.

My build tends to be Dorans Ring, Sorcerors Shoes, Rylai, Abyssal.

You need the Golem buff frequently with that tho.

15. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I was looking for an altenate early build yesterday, as Fiddle is indeed squishy (early on especially). My AP-heavy build was essentially built around Drain and Crowstorm nuking as high as possible.
    I have however realised in the last few games that dark winds has HUGE potential in gang fights, what with its silencing bit. Nothing quite like casting silence on Ryze, follwed by terror and Drain. Or silencing 3 or 4 Champs at once.

I reckon I'll try some new builds this week.
    Maybe try to integrate the Sunfire option (making him less squishy - and dealing damage to some of hte tanks - which helps). And definitely the Rylai and Abyssal.

16. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Instead of Rylai, an interesting build i came across was actually with Randuin's Omen (the new item).

It gives Health, Cooldown Reduction and Armor so you're much less squishy, upon casting your ult you then use it's active to slow targets down in the area of effect and since it affects Attack Speed as well you've added survivability.

Not saying it's the best option, was just something i thought was rather interesting.

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Also worth checking out. I actually wanted to look around for possible builds now, and then found all of leaguecraft with the exception of the forums blocked by the new proxy.
    Pretty much: if it says GAME anywhere, i is screwed (even BT game reviews)

18. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Well a few little things have come about recently which makes me think we are rather close to Season 1 of LoL!

First minor thing: The Free Champion rotation was announced with 'Pre Season' in the title, this is only minor but still, it hasn't been there before even though we have been in Pre-Season for ages.

Secondly: Somewhat more credible, the Test Realm has been taken offline. This is the first time this has been done without it being for a Technical issue. It has been said that this is because they are testing the Draft Mode and only Council Members are eligible for this.

Season 1 may be upon us.

On an unrelated note, the EU server is rather easy compared to the US one!

19. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

LOL. It being easy doesn't distract from me getting my rear handed to me periodically. Mainly because I am a n00b feeder though ;)
    And yes. Season one can come... I'll be waiting.

20. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Well i do occasionally get my ass handed to me but so far i am 41 Wins 22 Losses i think, at lv15 without runes i shouldn't be +18 :p