1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Cooler Master Scout

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 8 May 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Personally I don't mind it at all, except those damn ugly top handles.

3. tank_rider

tank_rider What's a Dremel?

Great review as always guys.

With all the extra motherboard tray next to the psu at the bottom it would have been so easy to cut a couple of holes to allow unwanted psu cables to be routed and secured behind the tray.

4. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

Agree with the above, I can see some pretty cool projects coming up with this case. The black chassis looks really slick, I want to get my CM Stacker painted/powder coated like that.

5. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

Hmm, It reminds me of the Jerry cans we used in the desert, the black ones did have a white cross on them though to denote water
    (cooling)??

6. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

There's really not a great deal of room behind the mobo tray tray. Unlike the sniper, there's no bowed panels to stash cables in.

7. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I like this version of the case a lot more then the other model, one reason is it doesnt have that large ugly knob on it

8. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Good review, guys, as always.

I really like the integrated handle, and the fact that it's both parallel and perpendicular. Nice touch. The price, though... ugh. Granted, I'd rather pay a slight bit more and get a more solid case that I could just mod to my specs, but it's understandable about day-to-day people that really need a decent chassis for that kick-butt LAN party coming up.

9. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

I must say I like the inside - simple, functional, not over-engineered. But the outside is just ugly, IMHO... Why is it so hard to make the outside sleek? Some people just don't want handles, ridges, windows, etc...

10. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I like it except the usb panel at that angle.. you'd have to have the case on the ground to be practical

11. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

The front intake fan is 140mm, not 120mm as stated in review.

I would also mention that both side panels are interchangeable. You can swap left to right side, vice versa. I don't predict many people doing this, but it's rare you see this.

Another interesting note about the raised center portion of the side panels, CM designed the panels this way to accommodate taller heat sinks.

I only know this because CM sent me sample to mod for upcoming Computex show.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Tags: Add Tags