1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA says sequels are boring, skies open

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 11 Jul 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

haha... he should stick to making games and not claiming stupid things like that

It is partially true, but only for some low quality games. I mean we are all happy when a new Gran Turismo is released,right ?

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Does this mean no more Sims games? Or are they just pretending...

Not particularly... The last three have just been a small update in graphics and that's it. Same dodgy AI and same tracks.

If they don't give cars damage, add an on-line mode and allow more than 6 cars at a time I wont even consider the next one.

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

of course it's easy to say that now that great racing games came out, but back when GT2 and 3 were released, i was freaking out, really !

only the fourth one was kinda disapointing

5. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

GT4 wasn't a very big improvement to the general audience. For enthusiasts, it was very satisfying. GT3 was a big step forward.

AI isn't an issue if you're using a competitive car against them :nono:

Sequels are a great idea, except the idealists behind them tend to lose touch with innovation. Homeworld 2 is the first PC sequel I an think of that did it mostly right.

6. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

hopefully they will redo the battlefield series. if they are trying to get a away from sequels.

7. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Talk about contradiction!. Sequals are boring when they make it just to squeeze some more money out of us... Battlefield 2142 etc

I hate big companies like this, they spend soo much money paying people in suits to work out what the public want, but when we try and tell them they dont wanna know :sigh:

Tim, I think you and the rest of the team need to combine your powers Captain Planet style and get some interviews with these idiot big wig's and probe them with questions from us forumites :)

8. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

^ Agreed.

Demonstrate to the EA CEOs what [​IMG] means for wasting our money and time.

Last edited: 11 Jul 2007
  9. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

Video game sequels are great.... provided they're done well of course ;)

10. adam197

adam197 What's a Dremel?

LMAO!

... that is all ...

11. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Diablo 2? Warcraft 2? Quake 2? Age Of empires 2? Masters Of Orion 2, These are just a few of my favourite things(cue Julie Andrews). Most sequels I've come across did very well in my book. It's the attack of the clones that will bring us down. Time to realise Mr Developer, there is no spoon.;)

12. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

NEWS FLASH: Head of company that releases some of the most pointless "serial" games year after year states that sequels are boring. Stock crashes as investors realise that he has no new ideas. :p

If this came from someone else, maybe with industry clout other than heading the game company most known for treating the public like baby seals needing to be clubbed, I might listen. As it stands, this is like Sony saying "we think that consoles are overpriced and offer too many unjustifiable addons."

13. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Tim Smalley, He's our hero, gonna take crap games down to zero!

14. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

'E' is for endless 'A' is for Agony!!!

EA are saying sequels are boring now!!!, gamers must have been saying this for years, only once in a while have EA actually listened to what the gamer wants....'Endless' movie tie in tripe yeah thats original!! 'Endless' yearly updates of sport games, the 'Agony' of another game with a new bit of spit and shine every year, that costs another £40-50 at the end of it, or some new crap for the sims, whichever way u look at it EA are evil (Fight Night series might be an exception but then that is not a yearly updated game, and it does'nt have enough depth to be all that).....

And the need for speed games, what the gamer has been crying out for since they started churning that crap out, was another good top notch Hot Pursuit....

Oh and!!!, Did I say I hate EA

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Would you call the GTA series a set of Sequels?

Most Sequels are good, HL2, Soldier of Fortune 2, Medieval Total War 2 ect. It seems that every sequel made by EA is bad, where as lots of other programmers comeup with good stuff.

16. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Sequels are one thing, the endless "revamps" of old ip's grates muchly; madden, nhl, fifa .... oh look they are all EA. What is it with folk like this guy, are they so far removed from their company they don't know what they do or so far removed from their punter that they don't relies the public knows that they are talking ****!

17. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

hurra!!!! is this the end of the sims? and FIFA XX? and NHL XX? the world is gonna end!!!! :D

18. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Maybe they are feeling the backlash from this...
    http://news.com.com/2100-1022-5457274-3.html
    I've read quite a few articles on EA employee standards and it's not good.:nono: This is your wake up call John. Time to go to work.:idea:

19. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

The sims is now developed by EA Sims, not EA games ;p it got so big they split it off into a department all of its own .. so I doubt it will be stopped any time soon.

20. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

This is one of the reasons I like the Wii. Developers are pretty much forced to come up with something interesting, or they end up with that crappy FarCry port.

Tags: Add Tags