1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Jobs You Hated **Possibly NSFW**

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookie, 6 Mar 2014.

1. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

A seat soaked with pee is not the worst. You simply take off the cushions and order new ones asap. Sometimes it will really stink up the entire plane though.

In retrospekt I think everybody should be forced to do this kind of job (for a very limited time). It really shows the value of a proper education:D

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Or just bring back National Service? But that's a thread in itself!

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I'm never flying again. Or I'm wearing a bag before I get on to stop touching anything.

The thing is it's not like people sit randomly - you KNOW where people sit. So you just look them up and show them the evidence afterwards: "Here's a bill".

4. CarlT2001

CarlT2001 What's a Dremel?

I worked in the stock room of a busy Dorothy Perkins/Burtons store. Stuck in the basement next to the drone of air handling units for the store, I would unpack clothes and put them on hangers for 7 hours every day. I used to hallucinate as it was so monotonous. Thankfully it was only for about 4 months before I found something more suitable.
    To this day, I still have a major loathing of coat hangers.

5. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

The last place I worked (and this was only last year). I was providing support for a piece of front of house sales software for the car industry. It was web based and it can best be described as what happens when someone takes a list of every piece of best practice and views it as a list of things to be ignored at all costs. The layout was built in a mix of frames and tables, the whole thing would break if someone used the forward / back buttons, at some points the same calculation was done two different ways (in two different languages) and one would occasionally return the wrong answer, leading to all sorts of errors on orders. When one actually delved into the code, it was written entirely without comments, going about things in the most bizarre way humanly possible. Most of the database tables weren't actually indexed properly so the whole thing ran like a dog. The example of choice though was the table that held all the used car details. Instead of labelling the columns sensible things like RegNum, Make, Model etc. they were labelled F1 through to F14...

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I'm surprised they weren't all labelled "c" for car. :wallbash:

7. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

[​IMG]

You see those white caps on top of the cannister? I once temped about 8 shifts putting those caps on, although something tells me the line I was on the caps were inset rather than sitting over the top.

Just sitting there, hour after hour, putting a cap on a tub. The caps would come out of a heated chamber that made the plastic more pliable, but sometimes a cap would resist going on and a backlog of tubs would start to assemble as I fought to get the ****er on - ooooh the adrenalin, how I wish I could find such excitement in my life now.

I found it hard to believe in today's day & age that a company would rely on manual labour to put a plastic cap on a tub. Some poor ****er is probably still doing it now as I type. I was working with a woman every shift, she must have been the labeller or something, she was nice enough but we had **** all in common apart from talking about a few films. Thankfully she wasn't one of those people that insist on talking, no matter the subject, so at least I could endure the torment in the privacy of my own head without too much disturbance.

When I worked for Old Bill we picked up this alcoholic who was slumped on a pavement outside a newsagent. He was completely soaked in his own piss. I had to ride with him in the back of the car and then once at the station I had to peel off the piss-soaked denim jeans that were clinging to his legs. Can't remember if I had to take his undies off too, but it was the least pleasant memory I have from the job.

8. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

Think about how little time is allocated to clean all these horrors (and seats) before people are beeing let back onboard.....

Never thought of that, strange how this is not practiced. These companies loves their extra fees.