Gaming Lead and Gold Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 20 Apr 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. Centy-face

Centy-face Caw?

Yeah the lag thing is unbearable and they assured us it would be fixed by launch which it obviously wasn't and as a result I have stopped playing until they are updated.

Have to say though it's a fun game when it works and there's a coop mode to play with a mate which can be great fun. Thing about the servers is that the game doesn't show full servers so the amount there is (I usually only see 5 or 6) is misleading.

3. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

I've been wanting to try this out, but been trying to find out if it supports Eyefinity, doubtful but its something i'd love to see along your reviews.
    Although when you said you cant crouch, took me by surprise, i mean i can handle no lean(though i do miss it), crouch should be a fundamental part of any gameplay. There seems to be too many studios missing functions that games just need nowadays. Modernising?

Also when you look at the fact that TF2 was so cheap, although it was developed by Valve with massive funding, has this really got an excuse for lack of content as such.

4. shokwaav

shokwaav What's a Dremel?

a rip off of TF2??? lol that was my first thought

5. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

Looks more like a rip-off of Battlefield Heroes (which ripped of TF2's art style anyway) to me. Except BH has more weapons and crouching. TF2 is still better though :p

6. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

"but there are still far better ways to spend a tenner."

I clicked onto GOG and the first game I was shown was Cannon Fodder for $6. That is a must!

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Actually, Battlefield Heroes was in the planning and concept art stages a good few months before TF2 revealed their art style. First character art for Battlefield Heroes was being done when TF2 still looked like this (actual screenshot from early TF2):

[​IMG]

8. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Wow, as much as that brings back good ol memories of half life, im really glad they changed their style.

9. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

I'm glad I didn't buy it... It looked fun, but i always saw it as TF2 with other skins...
    Oh, and the first picture... lol... There's a guy's name "Fuder", thats the "F" word in portuguese/spanish, instead of the "u" put an "o"

10. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

I was hoping this was gonna be a must buy. Guess I'll wait and see if they have a sequel. Any comparisons between this as Call of Juarez 2 multiplayer?

11. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Very few.

Tags: Add Tags