1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo 3DS GPU outed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Jun 2010.

1. Spuzzell

Spuzzell What's a Dremel?

Forget 5 year old kids, *I* want to have a handheld that plays 3D games, takes 3D photos AND plays 3D films, without me having to wear stupid glasses and buy a £1500 TV.

I'm certain the chipset has been significantly tweaked from its 2006 configuration, it wouldn't be Nintendo otherwise.. though while it might seem pretty powerful, bear in mind it will be drawing every frame twice.

Futuremark tech demo of the 2006 flavour GPU here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-NQBKVlUBc

Resident Evil 3DS trailer here: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=252807

I'm officially quite excited. About a handheld. Made by Nintendo. The world has gone MAD.

2. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

mobile phones....jack of all trades master of none. Id rather have devices that do one thing very well than 4 or 5 different things ok. My phone is used for communications, stuff like games, music, video, camera, internet just kill the battery too fast or make the device pull my trousers down due to the weight of an extra large battery. I usually carry my backpack anyway when I leave the house for my jacket, wallet and keys. The only thing I ever have in my pockets is my mobile and as Ive said, its for communications.

Last edited: 22 Jun 2010
  3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Agree with javaman. I like my Zune HD because it's a multimedia player, not a phone/camera/gps and whatnot. It's perfect at what it does and that's why I love it.

As for the 3DS, I'm pretty curious but I don't expect much 3D to be honest..

4. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I just want to see one of these in action. It all sounds very impressive, and it probably is, but I need to see it before making any commitments.

5. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

Numbers don't matter. It's what people do with them that counts.

6. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

some people count sheeps to go to sleep, I count the max polygon the GPU can draw per seconds.

7. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Oh by the way.. Should we be expecting Crysis DS?

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

You must not sleep very often

9. flaming_goat

flaming_goat What's a Dremel?

I dont see why there is so much fuss. It is a next gen hand-held so it has to have to be better than any hand-helds before otherwise it would be completely defunct. 3D aside it doesent look much better graphicly from the psp. The thing that makes Nintendo stand out are their innovative ideas despite the rubbish harware they use. Its a shame no one else can come up with some novel ideas and combine them with up to date hardware to actually give them some competion. Look at the move and kinect. they are just following on from the wii. They need to think of some original ideas!

10. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Other consoles manufacture looses money at every console sold, they make it up with accessories (examples: External over-priced wireless card and bigger over-priced HDD's, uber expensive Move equipment near the price of a Wii for 2 players). Nintendo does not lose money on the console sold. So far Nintendo makes the most money, so I guess their safe business model works at the cost of lower graphics, but still able to release AAA titles.

In my opinion, Nintendo understand the concept of a console. While the XBox (pre-Kinect) and PS3 (pre-move), where just low cost PC's that runs games.
    Why would I purchase an XBox 360, when I can buy the XBox 360 controllers for PC (or any other model from different companies), and play the nearly almost the same games with even better graphics and more frame per seconds. Nintendo offers something that home computer doesn't offer, and this is what makes it work. First was a wider variety of games, then better controllers over PC's, then analogue stick, followed by rubble feature, followed by lag-free wireless controllers, followed by very comfortable controllers, and now the Wii, not to mention their other innovations. Coming up is 3D displays without glasses, PLUS on the go.

Last edited: 23 Jun 2010
  11. rollo

rollo Modder

You make a good point on the xbox there they are basically a pc in the end of the day, funnily enough the orginal 360 broke about as much as a pc does as well

Nintendo owns the hand held Market im tempted buy this and I haven't brought a hand held console in since the gameboy advanced

12. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Im glad to see a start up get this deal, we CANT have nVidia and ATI control everything...

13. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

A way of getting your family to dance around like asses and a bunch of games that make use of a waggle feature but should really of just used a normal controller instead, not to mention remakes from 1993 for "hardcore" gamers. If it brings in the cash, you can't blame them really.

Have to say tho im impressed with their 3D without glasses and they have been the king of handhelds. PSP was great on release but has horrible battery and controls where a turd. I never owned a gamegear tho my cousins next door neighbour did.

Out of interest, where does Onlive sit with everyone? If it takes off the likes of the wii and DS would potentially have PS3/360 games at its disposal.

14. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

The 3DS will be my first handheld since the Gameboy released. I got a Moto Droid a couple months ago and while I love most everything about it... I've tried many games plus the emulators and gaming on the phone sucks... aside from the old standby's like Tetris... but I am seriously over Tetris by now. I look forward to some good games on the go, and 3D is icing on the cake.

Tags: Add Tags