1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Overclocking Intel's Core i3 530

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 3 Mar 2010.

1. ippo

ippo What's a Dremel?

Hi guys. I'm newcomer in this forum and i rly need some help cause i am rly noob on OC :)
    I use and i3 540 on P55M-GD45. My current ami bios version is 1.1 old. The newest is v1.5 But the update process is kinda confusing me since i have to run win Me or 98 OR try to flush it so i just don't bother.
    But the thing is i tried to OC and the results are kinda like this : Bus speed 162 with 23x CPU clk Ratio, QPI Ratio @ 22x and Vcore : +0.123 (Default Vcore is 1.025) and all other untouchable on auto !
    So, when i try to get over 162 bus speed and changes only on Vcore my OC fails.
    Can u tell me what else should i change to get higher ? Do i rly have to update bios ?
    Currently i am at 3.75GHz and rly wanna go at 4GHz at least.
    So i get something like this [​IMG]

2. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

I've never trusted my manual overclocks before........UNTIL NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys for putting this together as I've overclocked my i3-530 together with the H55M-UD2H to 4.07 using the (185X22) and it runs PUUURRRRRFFFIIICCC!!!!!!!!!

It's stable, quiet and fast as hell.

3. seanbean

seanbean Certa Cito

Hi Crazy - what CPU cooler are you running with that?

4. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Just got the same results as crazyceo. I bought a H50 to cool but I hadn't used it yet and achieved it just with the ever reliable Artic Cooling Freezer Pro7.

Where can I post photos?

Tags: Add Tags