Overclocking P5N32-E SLI and Core 2 E6320 Overclocking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrb_no1, 15 Nov 2007.

1. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

Allo people,

first time asking for some advice on here but i'm fed up of reading rubbish on other forums and playing around with the hardware myself is becoming frustrating :wallbash:.

Has anyone on here got this board, have they had trouble overclocking? Currecntly i have the rig jumped up to 2.54Mhz, using 7x362.5, the multiplier is locked (anyway of changing that or would a new processor be required?). Taking the fsb any higher results in a failure to boot, and without a larger multiplier it seems i have hit a brick wall. Vcore is at 1.4(in bios) but is listed by cpu-z at 1.264volts.

With this board the memory and fsb can be linked or unlinked. As such because the ram is only pc 6400 i have chosen unlinked so that if needs be i can overclock the ram independently from the processor(that is my understanding anyways) so i figure that ram wouldnt be making the system unbootable during an overclock. As such it is rated at 800mhz with a maximum warranty voltage of 2.1 :p. It can be overclocked upto 1200, but i only managed prime for 45mins and its super tempremental when booting so i'm leaving it at stock speeds until i know if i can get more out of the processor or not, 1 thing at a time n all.

I dont know if this has any bearing on the situation but the gfx is a 2900xt, my understanding is that because i can independently overclock the gfx card, it isnt related to my overclocking of the cpu.

oh and cooling isnt an issue, cpu is under a scythe ninja with 120mm silenx fan and the gfx has a thermalright hr-03/r600 cooler with the same fan as the cpu. any insight is greatly appreciated but my conclusion is that without a better cpu to start off with, the overclock has reached its limit :waah: if the board will not allow a greater fsb.

Peace

fatman

Tags: