1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Razer Mamba

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DarkLord7854, 16 Jul 2009.

1. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I just had to force it to find the drivers for the base station in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Mamba\Firmware Updater\cyusb\Vista64

And then it allowed me to flash the base station correctly.

2. TheGovernator

TheGovernator What's a Dremel?

Seems like win 7 (build 7100) is being completely anal about it. I can't for the love of god get it to accept the drivers, because somewhere along the way it's telling itself that the drivers it's already got are newer(and stupidly enough that's synonymous with better in windownese). So unless there is some way of "un-graying" the roll back button or changing the dates of the driver installed, I don't have the slightest idea how to do it.

One moment I thought that I didn't restart into the signature-less driver-mode so it can't install the drivers because of that, but after another restart it was still stuck.

I even tried the "add legacy hardware" in the "action" menu in device manager, but that kept giving me errors that the vista64 driver is not intended for this platform. So I'll leave the base station with the old firmware until razer get done with the code-crunching for win 7. But thanks anyways!

3. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Ah yes, I ran into that problem, I can't really remember what I did, but I uninstalled the drivers, deleted the hardware, and then forced it to reinstall with the drivers I specified. I had to do it a couple times before it finally accepted the drivers correctly, also had to switch the USB port I connected it to.

4. TheGovernator

TheGovernator What's a Dremel?

I actually didn't switch USB-ports..... I'll be sure to try that tomorrow. Forgot the time and it's suddenly 03:30 AM over here..... :lol:

5. cbbplanet

cbbplanet What's a Dremel?

sry, might be a year late to this problem but I just want to share how I solved this problem on my windows 7 64bit with Razer Deathadder.

Problem: Installed the newest driver, but bootloader driver wouldn't install when trying to update to newest firmware, thus firmware updater just stays at 0 and have to force shutdown or reboot.

Solution:
    Took me a while to figure it out but you can download the JM60 Bootloader Driver files from here first http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/download/license.jsp?colCode=AN3561SW&location=null&fpsp=1)

1. make sure you have the latest drivers

2. download the files mentioned above, extract the AN3561 folder, then go into JM60_Bootloader_winusblib folder and copy the 'bootloader' folder into your mouse's program files folder (C:\Program Files\Razer\Deathadder)

3. disabled 64 bit signature enforcement in 64bit. Run cmd as administrator. and type "bcdedit -set loadoptions \”DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS” without the quotes.

4. Run the firmware update, and you'll see bootloader driver installing, then it'll say fail. Using only your keyboard, click start, type device manager and hit enter. Then navigate to the bootloader driver using tab and arrow down, update the driver, direct it to this folder (C:\Program Files\Razer\Deathadder) and it'll install the driver. After that, the firmware will install successfully. If you can't manage to direct the update driver to the folder, then just copy and paste the address ahead of time so all you have to do is press ctrl+v.