Graphics Resizable BAR: Anyone got benchmarks?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stuartpb, 31 Mar 2021.

1. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I've been waiting for a VBIOS update for my Palit RTX 3060 Dual TI card to allow Resizable BAR, that went live today and I've just flashed the BIOS.

Looks like I'm gonna have to see how effective it is with the games and sims I run, anyone had the chance to give it a run for it's money? Nvidia are claiming some decent performance increases with it enabled.

Attached Files:

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Haven't seen anything yet. If the bios updates are only just coming in, will be a few days at least for testing and writing/filming.

3. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Got mine enabled and cyberpunk seems to have a few more FPS. Assuming 3DMark is listed as supported will give it a few runs this evening.

Msi suprim x 3090 - MSI godlike z390 - 8086k at 5.1

stuartpb likes this.
  4. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Just tested it out with RDR2 and with Resizable Bar enabled, both with the gfx settings maxxed out at 2560 x 1440 resolution. It didn't yield any results worth getting excited about. In fact I'm a bit confused over the average FPS, it's lower with RB enabled yet the minimum and maximum FPS was higher?!?!

Without Resizable Bar enabled
    withoutresizebar.PNG

With Resizable Bar enabled
    withresize.png

EDIT: Just tried running again with Vulkan instead of DX12 and the frame rates were a fair whack higher so I'm going to re-run with and without Resize Bar enabled with Vulkan.

System Specs: MSI Tomahawk X570, Ryzen 7 5800X, 32GB DDR4 3600, Palit RTX 3060 Dual TI.

I'm going to try benchmarking with Assassins Creed: Valhalla and Cyberpunk later. Hoping for better results with Resizable Bar on those titles.

Last edited: 2 Apr 2021
  5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

6. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

So better minimums and better maximums but worse average. Not sure how I feel about that, other than to say drivers will likely get better.