1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Richard's Biggest Fails of 2009

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 4 Jan 2010.

1. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Post does not deliver, i was promised bulletpoints! :grr:

2. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

The whole site is 'just' opinion; which is why I nobody minds Joe being wrong all the time =)

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I bought a silent tower fan, y'know, the sort that blow cool air around the room on a hot summers night. I'd have been better off waving two dustbin lids occasionally clattering them together tbh. I think the only place it'd be silent is at the bottom of a lake.

4. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Just need to point out that, everything else being equal, USB 3.0 is *not* a minor update. It may use the same connector, but tech-wise USB 3.0 is more like an external PCIe connection.

5. dec

dec [blank space]

i wouldnt mind an external pcie connection. save up enough money and get 7 gtx295s and fold@home on 12GPU's while playing crysis on the last two

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Going for the groin on that swing, eh, Hugo?

7. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Don't forget to save enough money for the electricity bill to go with that.

8. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

That's what she said.

9. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Those things are in fact so horrific that I don't think there are words for them. What about the fact that I feel that horrific isn't a good enough word for them? Or the fact i don't think any words are good enough? I could just as easily tell you to get some perspective.

Oh, except SJP's face. That's merely "Eugh" in my opinion!

Maybe horrific was a little strong, but it was at the end of a rant, so my blood was a just a little warm.

Fair play, that obviousness had somehow missed me. At least I should imagine it works pretty well then?

Wow, sorry to have offended you so much by giving my opinion Joe. It's not even so much that they didn't bother with putting in the things that make PC games great, it's the reasons. And number one of those is money. I can appreciate they are going to not make so much off the PC version, but they are clearly going to make such ridiculous amounts off the console versions anyway, that it seems like cost cutting to the max on one of the most successful franchises ever.

The usual methods work a lot better, and give PC consumers a lot more for there money. Instead they went out of their way to develop a worse system. Where is the logic in that? They could have easily done the usual and I am sure they would have gotten far more sales than they did on the PC. They just seem to have shot themselves in the foot for no reason, and the only real people to suffer are the PC buyers.

And while it isn't specifically IW's fault, the fact that computers cost a lot more and rarely get any tangible benefits really gets to me.

Precedent isn't the only reason either, since this series was born on PC. The original was downright amazing for the time. The other WW2 ones were less impressive, personally, but IW became what it was through the support of the PC community. While it may be silly to expect anything from that, it does still hurt some that they have just turned their once great PC support in to console oriented system that everyone is worse off for.

It doesn't stop me enjoying the game, but I certainly don't enjoy it nearly as much as MW1. And since this blog is all about opinion and listing what you consider industry failures, I figured I was well within my rights to vent.

This website is all about the best hardware and the enthusiast spirit, but getting a grip in this case would involve selling my PC, not bother reading this site, and just stick to consoles.

10. cybergenics

cybergenics What's a Dremel?

Bit of a huge oversight with the Green Hard Drives there. The Green label is a bit of a cheek, and overlook the actual power saving which may range from being non existent to being a (very) small cherry on an otherwise quite good cake, the more obvious advantages are less heat, less vibration and longer life, something which most people would benefit from if these drives are being uses as a second or third drive or in a NAS or external caddy.

In fact, my sentiments are echoed by someone else who looked at green hard drives less cynically than Bit Tech.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1004-page7.html

Tags: Add Tags