Windows SimCity

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WhiteKnight226, 7 Jan 2013.

1. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

My strategy was to build a second city next door. I set this city up to mine coal and sell it, along with a trade depot for freight. This swcond city racked up thr money so whenever i hit 200-300k i sent it as a gift to my main.

With this gift money i used it to right the wrongs that i had built early on in its life.

Not sure if im the best person to advise though!

2. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

dum di dum
    [​IMG]

the population is amazingly still increasing too... its at about 675k now XD

3. nhojnomis

nhojnomis What's a Dremel?

Amazing

I seem to always hit a wall around 250k

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Ok woth the free game redemption being for all users even new ones. It works out at two games for the forty quid for sim city.

Tempted to buy. Is it worth it. Yes or no?

5. suragh

suragh Derp

Yes! :cooldude:

6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Put 16 hours into it, you learn from every move. Not a constant game for me but good anyway

If i never got it cheaper i might be upset, but there is something addictive to looking after your sims

7. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I am actually starting to get fed up with it :D. 370k people, two recycling centers working at full, many recycling trucks, yet i am unable to collect all the garbage in recycling bins and people are actually complaining about too much garbage :lol:. Traffic sucks too, all roads are the biggest ones, i have a full set of streetcars, all roads have streetcar stops, i have full set of busses - yet 3/4 of the day the traffic is stuck in one big traffic jam inside the city. This also complicates selling stuff to global market. :wallbash: At least i don't have problems with water, sewage and electricity (two sets of everything, both water pumps next to the sewage processing).

8. barny2767

barny2767 What's a Dremel?

I hope ther will be a big patch soon that adds maps 4x the size they are now and gives us freeways and more control over roads. I don't think the game needs much to fix it but as we wait we just pick up on more faults.

9. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Hey guys, so far I've been unable to join any public games, and the public games I make no one joins.

Anyone else had this issue?

10. rollo

rollo Modder

recycling is a bug faug.

Delete one of the rec centers and it will work again.

11. faugusztin

Recycling centers work, all of them. My issue is collecting the recycling bins, not processing them. Traffic jams don't allow my 30+ recycling trucks to reach everyone during a day :).

12. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

I have the same problem, including with my emergency services have like 30 crimes a day because all my police just sit in traffic jams, i mean once I had litterally a traffic jam of just police cars and firetrucks -.- somehow i manage to keep the bins from overflowing though... just...

13. postmangav

postmangav What's a Dremel?

Did the patch not fix traffic. Heard somewhere that emergency service vehicles would get preference over normal vehicles after the patch.

14. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Nope, the emergency vehicles are still getting stuck behind queues of traffic.
    I had a line of fire trucks this afternoon waiting in traffic long enough for my airport to burn down. :(

15. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

Why are you lying? That's not "all" I've done at all, you can justify your behaviour by lying to yourself but don't lie to me, the posts are all still there for anyone to read.

I made a few general posts that I got attacked for - for no good reason. This was supposed to be a discussion forum not a fan forum - but some of you behaved like rabid pitch fork waving fanboys because I had the audacity to make posts in the simcity discussion thread, that weren't about how super awesome this game is.

I didn't insult anyone until you gleefully joined the bandwagon and the one sided moderator showed up to insult me for no good reason.

Last edited: 28 Mar 2013
  16. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Traffic needs sorted. Either that or my road design is very poor. Buildings burn down because of fire engines being stuck in traffic. My imports and exports become erratic as trucks get caught in the traffic and can't either give me my alloy or sell my processors.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

17. faugusztin

That is why i switched trading to trains ASAP :).

18. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

The latest patch seems to have totally borked my game, I click play, the music plays, but then the game just disappears.

Awesome. Great work Maxis.

19. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Bit of free DLC being released;

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/SimCity-Nissan-Leaf-Charging-Station/td-p/959300

Appears to provide a Nissan branded charging station for electric cars.

20. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

THIS!

I just need more space. I want the challenge to be to build a successful city on the basis that it is well planned out, not a city where the challenge is to build a successful city, despite the compromises forced upon me by a tiny play area.