SketchUp Sketchup Components Collection (SCC) Discussion

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jezmck, 25 Nov 2003.

1. Teyber

Teyber ******

ah, finally got su2kt working. i think i won't be getting autocad :D However, it was compliacted. I had to delete and replace a file and et cetera. now i have come to humbly ask someoen to help with a model im working on right now.
    [​IMG]

First off: notice the holes on the "ridges".(the rings). There are 1/8" holes i need to make in a component.(a big and a small ring together are put together as one component). I am new to sketchup and ama noob! I do now know how to, say, make holes in a round object. So say if that was real, and i wanted to drill a hole in the side, so there is a 1/8" hole in the side of the evaporator(the model) so the refrigerant can go down to the next level, how would i do that in sketchup? as you can see the top one has a hole in it, the other two holes are only circles on both sides:wallbash: i cannot get it to become a hole(follow me and push/pull doesn't work on this?)

so advice welcomed!

sorry if im vague.

P.S. how do i download all the cool kerk. materials and apply them in sketchup? or at least i cannot figure out how to apply materials in kerk!

thanks a ton!

Reed

2. Marci

Marci Ex-O-CuK / ThermoChill

The holes... use the push/pull tool. Click on the surface of the hole, push downwards til it meets the opposing face, or click once and push downwards then type in the depth you want to bore.

You don't apply the materials in Sketchup, you apply them in Kerky... export model to kerky, then right click each material in the LHS list and choose "select"... that'll highlight the material in the main window. Now rightclick, head to apply material and choose material from the list.

3. scooby

scooby Minimodder

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Good looking SketchUp and Heat sink, awful name.

5. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Thanks Mankz, and yes it has a funny name doesn't it.

Okay, here is one for all the SU artists here.

Microsoft's annual Next-Gen PC Design Competition is open for online entry submission until 11:59 p.m. EST Dec. 14. The competition aims to encourage ongoing enthusiasm for Windows-based PCs by engaging the imagination and creativity of the industrial design (ID) community and delivering a resource for the PC industry at large. With this competition, Microsoft hopes to identify great talent and spur a dialogue between the ID field, the PC industry and their shared customers regarding what makes a great PC fit their customers’ digital lifestyle.

I don't know if you guys knew about this, but if you didn't you can get more info HERE at nextgendesigncomp.com.

I think if any one has a good chance it would be you guys, hell I might just do one, you never know :naughty:...so good luck to all.

Scooby:)

6. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

Didn't they do this last year as well?

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

:brrr:

Hmm I'm going to look into that

Are there any prizes???

8. Teyber

Teyber ******

I really appreciate all your help guys!
    two last questions....
    How do you push/pull a curved surface? this was the best i could do! grr. I have tried creating a circle, (then push and pull doesn't work) so i intersect with model,(then only the middle goes in) and since i have already intersected with model, i can't push the sides in! grrr. And when i delete the hole on the opposite side the entire inside gets deleted :(
    [​IMG]
    Thanks guys!
    and last: how do i get the materials in kerky? what folder do they go in?

thanks a ton

9. Teyber

Teyber ******

[​IMG]

I would like to thank everyone for their tremendous help! what do you know! i guess theses tutorials actually help! haha read the kerk. tutorial now i got the basics down. Thanks a ton!
    p.s. still having troubles pushing/pulling curved surfaces in SU and sometimes i cannot delete a certain area, it deletes the whole wall...(see pic in previous post, if i delete the inner circle for the hole the inside deletes!)

thanks folks!

10. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Using the Push/Pull tool works it's best on flat surfaces. On the piece your working on Teyber, try selecting the whole area and select Intersect with Model then delete the parts you don't need. I think that will work out for you. If not can you zoom out a bit on that section as we can see the component your working on.

@Jez, yes, they have been doing this for a few years now. I just learned about this now. The deadline for submissions is on Dec. 14, I hope I can send one in this year. On another note Jez, no biggy do your thing and put it up when your ready...no rush my friend.:thumb:

@Beast, hows $10,000.00 grand prize, actually they are giving 5 prizes mostly cash...I like those kinds of prizes. List below.

Judge’s Award 1st – Prize $10,000 US
    Judge’s Award 2nd – Prize $5,000 US
    Judge’s Award 3rd – Prize $2,500 US

Selected by a distinguished panel of IDSA-member judges from the International PC and industrial design community.
    Chairman’s Award – Prize $10,000 US
    Selected by Bill Gates, Microsoft Chairman and Chief Software Architect, with the assistance of his advisory committee.
    Public’s Choice Award – Prize $2,500 US
    Selected via public vote. In the event of a tie, the judging panel will make the final determination based on the criteria set forth above.
    Educator Award
    If a student entry wins 1st or 2nd place Judge’s award, or Chairman’s award, the faculty advisor named in the entry will receive a $2,500 US prize, or a $2,500 US grant will be awarded to their school, in compliance with public sector gift rules.

You can get all the info on How it works, Competition Timeline, Who can enter and all that stuff from the link I posted earlier.

11. Teyber

Teyber ******

sure thing thanks for the help!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

10,000 will buy me a new computer and some college credits

@Teyber, reading the tutorials are really helpful if you don't have any previous experience. If you need any help PM me or go onto http://sketchup.google.com/support/

13. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

14. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Thank you Jez, got another one to add...

Thermalright HR-05
    [​IMG]

Debating if I should do the HR-05/IFX and the HR-05 SLI/IFX. If their is a demand then I will, thanks guys.

Sending files to you soon Jez.:)

15. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

Will add it if you send me the files.

16. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Hey Jez, you should be getting them real soon check your email. Also added....

DangerDen 2900XT Waterblock

[​IMG]

Sorry this one took so long.

Scooby:thumb:

17. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

Both new items added. We should call it SkoobyUp.

18. Dark~3nergy

Dark~3nergy what was dat sandvich ?

Made this item yesterday,

InnovatekKonvekt-O-MaticULTRA-Plus

[​IMG]

still not 100% finished I'll post the link for the download later :)

scooby your last models are realy well done, I realy like them ! :thumb:

19. Valdisnei

Valdisnei Can i haz a dremelz!?

It's my second item :thumb:

M2-ATX Power Supply

[​IMG]

Jez, I sent the SKP few minutes ago..

20. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder