1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I appear to be in the mood for heavily grindy games at the moment.

I've been busy with Elite Dangerous on the PC. I hadn't played Elite since the Horizons content launched so it's almost like a new game for me, earning money for stuff is still a bit of a chore but I mostly just like exploring with the occasional bit of fighting to change things up. It's the first game that's getting a proper go with the HTC Vive and it definitely makes for a spectacular experience.

Also just started Monster Hunter World over the weekend on the PS4. Having an absolute blast with it as I love the Monster Hunter games and they've done a great job with this one. The only annoyance at the moment is my console sounds like a mini jet half the time with the game running... may have to look at changing the fan for something a bit quieter.

2. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

VainGlory™ It's the touch based 3v3 MOBA from MegaEvilCorp and I've been playing it since iOS 8 came out. Level capped at 30 and have been for a while now but they're always bring more characters to play with and new game modes. Tonight marks the launch of their new 5v5 map and i'm bloody excited! it works better for me on an iPad, but you can play it fairly well on an iPhone too. It's also cross platform so you can play against iOS or Android players. Whichever be yer poison!

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Just finished South Park the Fractured But Whole and was in the mood for something else.

Now on to the more serious Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Dark Souls 3: Whilst I knew is was going to be harder than my usual games I don't see the point of it being ridiculously so. It is just not fun at all. Another game where there are a myriad of pointless settings. If you die you lose your souls but you can get them back provided you make it back to where you dies. Die before you get there and they are lost. Stupidly hard bosses from the start in fact I did something I have not done for quite sometime and installed a trainer.
    Fortunately i only paid a few quid for it as I am all ready bored and frustrated. Fair play to those gamers who enjoy this sort of punishment.

5. sonicgroove

sonicgroove Radical Atheist

STILL playing Championship Manager 01/02. It's the only game I ever play tbh. It is still as gripping as it was in 2001.

6. veato

veato I should be working

Just started Prey. Got it on Xbone for my birthday. Pretty good so far.

7. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Subnautica - just shut up and go buy it, NOW! ;)

Hex likes this.
  8. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age.

I swear I don't remember FFXII being this hard. That said, I hardly remember FFXII because I thought it absolutely sucked. Either I've mellowed in the last 12 years (possible) or it just came at a bad time and I wasn't into the whole "non-Active Time Battle" thing. The remastered music is great, though.

9. suenstar

Still Monster Hunter World... it has consumed my soul!
    I'm actually quite glad that it's taken up most of my gaming time as I've been wanting to make more use of my PS4 for quite a while and it's the perfect time sink to do it.
    Good timing as well as my PC's having a bit of an issue with the HDD that stores the majority of my games so I'm unable to play much on it until I get that replaced later in the month.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Started to play Assassins Creed 1V as I discovered in my Uplay library and whilst on the island felt that this might turn out to be fun. Moved on to Havana and realised that you needed to get yourself a waklkthrough so you could find out what icons on the map meant etc, I also discovered that combat is appalling with far to many silly key combinations.
    At the moment I am trying to get all the collectibles but find that the ordinary soldiers can climb as well as monkeys and I am spend far to much time losing them so I can go back to get the chest.
    I thought this franchise was stealth but have seen little evidence of how you can play it that way when in the towns.

11. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

Assassins Creed Origins, having an extra year makes all the difference, and it is now my go to for AVX stability testing.

And

Star Trek Bridge Crew : massive fun with a crew.

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Resident Evil 6, I remember the original games on the PS1 with great fondness, this is an appalling console port and really they should not have bothered.

13. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Just started Shadow of the Colossus, so far so good:thumb:

14. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Mafia III - Been sat in my games library since it's release, and only just got around to playing it.

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Space Run Galaxy

The sequel to Space Run (a tower defence style game) and a welcome one too. Just like the first, terribly addictive. The addition of the ability to trade goods to other (real) players and even create and do cargo runs is a stroke of genius on the developer's part, making the small community feel all friendly.

Highly recommended.

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Why is it that so much DLC is such incredible poor value. Spotted the season pass for Wolfenstien 2 , a game I did not rate particularly highly, and thought why not as all I am doing is trawling through my back catalogue to find something to play, something I have done for a few months now?
    The DLC for the game called the Freedom Chronicles is absolute tripe. It adds zilch to the original game and little to hold my attention. I have played the first and started the second part which is pretty much the same as the first as I am fighting through the same areas.
    Greed seems the predominate company policy where game developers are concerned for the most part anyway.

17. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Still playing Fortnite Battle Royal. I normally play with Random's, and this can be a right pain in the backside. But I managed 4 wins in a row playing with 3 other random's. All of whom used a microphone, which of course made a massive difference

18. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I've put so many hours into Fallout 4 over the past week that it's not even funny. I've only stopped to eat/bathe/sleep lol. Amazing the difference some half decent graphics upgrades at 4k can make, even if the game does weigh in at a rather bloated 102gb :O

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Civ VI Rise+Fall. Had to force myself to uninstall it as I need to sleep again.

20. suenstar

My niece is visiting and since the weather is bad, between board games & cake making we've been playing a bit of Diablo 3, ARK Survival and BlackOps 3 on the PS4 as well as a few VR titles (Abode, Conductor and The Lab).