1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows [Unsolved] Webcam's Not working in Windows 8

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by DeafGamer2015, 6 Jul 2013.

1. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

As the Title stated,

I used the windows 7 Pro driver for my brother's HP Probook 4520s that came with windows 7 Pro but upgraded to Windows 8 and it was working for a few seconds then the driver failed..

I made sure I used the correct driver and such.. So I'm thinking that the webcam driver for windows 8 isn't ready yet. Ugh..

So looks like my plan to use Skype for windows 8 on my brother's HP Probook will have to wait until they bring out the driver for Windows 8 Pro. I wonder when they'll do that.. :wallbash::wallbash:

Also checked on HP site to see if there's ANY drivers for windows 8 Pro for this laptop.. nothing yet..

Last edited: 6 Jul 2013
  2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Really, Win7 drivers don't work?
    Try installing the driver under compatibility mode (right-click on the setup exe, select: Properties, and navigate to the Compatibility tab, and select in the drop down menu: Windows 7). Once done, restart your computer.

Does it work now? Can Skype desktop app can see our camera?

3. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Trying that now GB..

Restarted the laptop and tried everything you told me, GB.. It didn't work.. Quite Odd..

Hmm I'm thinking that the driver was removed when Windows 8 was installed on this system and it was probably detected as a incompatible driver or something..

Trying an older version of the driver

Let's hope this one works..

Here's a snapshot of the issue.. Highlighted

4. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Ok, well I got some good news.. I managed to get the webcam to work properly when I used the camera app on this system.. about bloody time!!!

How to get your webcam fixed:

1: Uninstall the drivers (If any)
    2: Search for any leftover drivers file that the Uninstaller didn't take care and delete those as well (Mine was SP51628 & SP55126 in swsetup folder on C: Drive)
    3: Restart (Or Shut down then turn it back on)
    4: Let Windows take care of the rest.

Now your webcam works at last!!! *About bloody time*

EDIT: It didn't work.. GRRRRR I hate this computer!!!