Other using galaxy tab 10.1 with HD TV

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tabchoice, 6 Aug 2011.

1. tabchoice

tabchoice What's a Dremel?

Hi I need advice about performance on a tablet- I am planning to buy the new galaxy tab 10.1- I had considered the ipad but I don’t want to get locked into apple’s systems and prefer android, despite the small drawbacks. I plan to use the tab on holiday with a Samsung Smartphone as net access, so I don’t need the wifi model or more than 16gb memory because I store movies etc on my home pc and can swap them as I need to. The other key function is to connect to my 32” HD TV as a browser- and I know there are problems with doing this with some tablets and netbooks. I can connect the TV through the standard port on the tab using an adaptor, but I need to confirm whether the tab has the right processors to output youtube, say, at a reasonable resolution without significant problems. Has anyone got any advice about this or how I can test it out? I know when I was exploring netbook options several machines had hdmi outputs but only a few at the top end had the processors to do the job properly-