1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Xbox 360 Slim confirmed, priced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Jun 2010.

1. knuck

knuck Hate your face

No you're not. I like the simple look of the 360. No, I didn't like it, I just didn't hate it. I thought they ruined it when they release the Elite because the black just doesn't fit. Now with this.. meh :worried:

2. llamafur

llamafur WaterCooled fool

hmm, new xbox.

I'll stick with my PC.

3. Oggyb

Oggyb Mutant

I don't own a console but from the countless 360s I've played on the one thing that pissed me off was the noise of the fan, particularly during late-night gaming. If the noise level has retreated the console will suddenly appear more worthwhile as an investment.

Also, I like the new styling.

4. Amor

Amor What's a Dremel?

But can it run Crysis?

5. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

I think they should have kept the same size and just put the PSU inside as well, seems like a much better idea...

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I hope they:

1. Did something about the cooling - not likely in a smaller enclosure
    2. Put wireless on board - Check
    3. Put the PSU in the chassis - Not likely
    4. Added Optical audio out - not likely
    5. Made it a lot quiteter - see point 1.
    6. Added a bluray player - ???

So yeah... I remain unconvinced. My Halo 3 edition 360 is still going strong, but only because I treat it like a child. It'd have RRoD'd long ago if I didn't.

7. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

Okay... $150 for a 360 arcade... I'm finally sold. I'm a dedicated Nintendo fanboy, but I've been jealous of all the 360 features. For instance, a Netflix Roku costs $100. But at $150, the 360 could do it better and with all the other xbox features as a bonus. I was actually thinking about a Roku, but at $150, I'm sold on the 360 arcade.

8. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

1. had to, since it is unlikely old cooling would fit in new case
    2. Put wireless on board - Check
    3. They didn't. shame.
    4. Added
    5. They have apparently
    6. doubt it will ever happen.

tomorrow's news on bit-tech

http://www.engadget.com/photos/xbox-360-250gb-first-unboxing-0/
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/15/new-xbox-360-guide-microsofts-slim-console-explained/

9. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Elite + Hard Drive Installation = sound not a problem, so I'm not so fussed about upgrading. I'd probably always install to the HDD anyway as it makes loading so much faster.

I rather like the new design though, black always looks better than white, and I personally don't see the problem with the glossy black or touch-buttons. Firstly, how often do you pick up your XBox? And secondly, how often do you actually touch your console? The only part of my console I've physically touched in six months is the eject button, the joypad does everything else.

10. veato

veato I should be working

Think I might upgrade. I have a 3yr old Xbox and have added over time WLAN and 120GB HDD. The bigger HDD will be useful so will the colour given everything else in my cabinet is black (Sony BDP-S360, Freesat) plus some new warranty and quiet running. Will see if any good game bundles get released before Xmas and have a punt.

11. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

I actually like it and have one in both kids rooms and under the main tv in the house. I'll be upgrading at least two of them to this new one when released.

12. kempez

kempez modding again!

I upgraded to a PS3 Slim for the extra functionality of bitstreaming HD sound (so I could get rid of a Blu Ray player). This doesn't really add anything functionally for me apart from being quieter and WiFi and considering my Xbox connects via a cable, I see no point.

I do see it as a good buy for new owners though.

13. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

I'm pretty sure I have had optical out since my first 360.

14. _Metal_Guitar_

_Metal_Guitar_ What's a Dremel?

Just another average box of 5/6 year old tech. Yawn.

15. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

The PS3 is black & glossy and it's a certified dust magnet. After just a few days it seems to be covered in specks of dust, lint and the touch-sensitive areas get really dirty with use. It's basically the same with the PSP which gets disgusting after a few hours of use as well.

I'm glad my DSi isn't glossy :)

16. bw67958

bw67958 What's a Dremel?

That's handy - little lad wants one so I get his PS3!

17. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

yep, the TOSLINK was on the AV cable which caused a bit of a problem if you wanted to use the HDMI port (on the later models) as you needed to use a break-out box* which contained the TOSLINK (and Left/Right RCA ports) to get sound to an external amp, this time the TOSLINK is on the actual chasis.

* The break out box only came with either the Elite or the MS HDMI cable kit.

Tags: Add Tags