1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 2K confirms Borderlands 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Aug 2011.

1. rv88uk

rv88uk What's a Dremel?

just started my 3rd playthrough of Borderlands, can be an addictive game. One thing I'd love for the second one is more varied environments, jungle sections in their art style would like great

2. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

currently enjoying borderlands. going solo, brought the goty edition for £5 ages ago after non of my online mates brought it at release. will definitely be buying borderlands two, the quality of the first one has assured that. hopefully it will come out just as i start to get bored of bf3!

3. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I liked the game except for the fact that well, it didn't really go anywhere. The side-quests ended up being more fun than the main game.

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I thought so too until I hit the DLC, do you have those?

5. Canon

Canon Reformed

Hopefully it is the same length on average as Borderlands, or longer.

6. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Also maybe a full-on urban setting would be good, cause in the first one you out in the sticks.
    I know they hint at the whole planet being like that, but there must be a more developed section of the planet.

And +1 to a better ending! :thumb:

7. mongpong

mongpong What's a Dremel?

It bored me to tears tbh. Each mission seemed to be - Go across the other side of the map, shoot lots of wolf type things, Kill the person/collect something etc, go all the way back - repeat. I gave up quickly.

Does it improve on this after the first few hours of gameplay?

8. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

It's an fps/rpg so the walking about is the rpg element. It improves a fair bit once you get the buggies and fast travel (teleporter). After that I don't know as I'm not much past getting fast travel.

9. rv88uk

rv88uk What's a Dremel?

I picked the game of the year edition so I've got all the dlc, completed everything twice except moxxis underdome (looks boring) and crawmerax (not sure how to solo with mordecai). Actually I haven't played claptraps revolution yet, will get round to it after this playthrough.

The urban idea reminded me of old haven, I loved that section, would be good to have more tactical areas, I'd quite like a cover sytem as well, something like Mass Effect 2s. I play as semi-stealthy character so being able to sneak up behind walls sounds good.

10. VeNoM JaCKaL

VeNoM JaCKaL L4D2 nom nom time!

Hve not completed Borderland yet started playing then dropped it for something else. Would you say its better playing the game co-operative or as single player?

11. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Immeasurably.

Seriously this game is far, far better with other players. The more the better, because the difficulty scales with people, and the loot gets better too. Plus it becomes far more frantic and I found myself laughing a lot more at the stupid crap that would happen.

I adore this game, and like many others think I'll be having another session tonight. I'm very happy with this news.

12. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

yay good times!!

13. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yay! that's good news! Too bad my conection sux...

14. SighMoan

SighMoan What's a Dremel?

That is essentially the entire game.

15. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I enjoyed Borderlands because the RPG element and the art style was so different from all the other games I've played. However, I do have two complaints:
    1. Although the extensive weapon selection was a nice change from other FPS games, in my opinion it got a little too extensive. By the time I completed the first play through I no longer cared what the bad guys dropped. I already exceeded the money counter and I was for the most part easily defeating anything in my way. After a while I just couldn't be bothered to compare so many different weapons and all of the their multiple stats.

2. The general areas were often far more difficult than the boss fights. In fact, I died many times on the final map, but the final boss never damaged me at all. The bosses just seemed far underpowered in comparison to the rest of the game.

16. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Bring back the guy with three balls.

17. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

But we killed the three balled guy!

18. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Have you tried the DLC?

I breezed through the game, but the last 2 DLC's were a lot harder.

19. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Words used: 38
    Words conveyed: 1 (it's still on Pandora)

Borderlands was brilliant though, looking forwards to it.

20. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

i like the way everyone is moaning politely, but looking forward to it. must mean the game wasn't half bad. i am thoroughly enjoying it on my bod, which most of you insist is rubbish, wish i had someone to play with.

Tags: Add Tags