1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alienware Aurora 7500 with FX-60

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 11 Jan 2006.

1. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

thats not that expensive

for the speed of THAT rig, thats pretty sweet

2 cpu's... thats 4 threads...... damnnnn

2. customh

customh conflagration.

The yonah was what they were developing for the Apple's-- not?

3. I_Slider_I

I_Slider_I What's a Dremel?

I couldn't justify that price tag for a gaming system. If it was a development system, with Quad or Dual Opterons then you are talking.

4. fullfat

fullfat What's a Dremel?

seems like the ultimate gaming system, but the ram is a massive downfall :(
    only running 2t? and no room for upgrading later on, its a very simple mistake theyve made and ultimately not something youd expect to see from alienware.

5. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Yes, the "trolling" should be expected for throwing this kinda cheese on a "personal computer". I could live for almost two years (and well) with that kinda cash in the east.

The truth is anyone could build the same rig for less- there... I can be happily banned
    now for saying what everyone knows. :D

6. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Fine then. I want you you to build me the exact same rig that was reviewed in the article for cheaper then what Alienware is selling it at. But wait, that's not it. I want 24/7 telephone support to a toll free telephone number. I don't care if it's 3AM, when I call, you better answer the phone. I want on site tech support. I want a 4 year extended warrenty and I also want you to replace any part that happens to die with a better part like Alienware does when your part has become outdated. I will not open the chassis at all even to clean it out. I will guarentee you that something will fail within the first twelve months and that alot more is going to fail before the end of the four years. I'll throw every damn thing I can think of at your built machine to pretty much kill it in any way possible and it still fall under the warrenty.

Still gonna build it for cheaper?

:EDIT: Just noticed you're in Japan, have fun giving me on site tech support. I don't want some person you'll pay to be in my living room working on my computer either, I want you personally since you're the one who can build it cheaper. After the four years are up, I want some proof that you've made a profit off of selling me the computer after the man hours you're ognna be putting in doing technical support because I'm sure as hell not afraid to call. In fact, I'll just become a complete and total computer noob. Every little qualm, you're getting a phone call just as they do.

Last edited: 13 Jan 2006
  7. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

Don't forget that he has to do the same thing for hundreds (thousands? No idea how many people Alienware sell to, but it's probably up there) of other people. He might want to look at employing (yes, that means paying the salaries of) a few people for the phones, a few people to help build the computers, a few people to service them, a few people to drive around the country doing on-site stuff, and probably a therapist, too.

And Nature, as a friendly warning - don't ask to be banned. You might just get your wish, especially if you're going to say the same completely unjustified remark as fifteen other people in this thread, straight after an admin has said he'll be coming down hard on anyone else who parrots out the same thing again. It's not like you weren't warned...:rolleyes:

See sig :D

8. Nature

Nature Minimodder

9. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

I think you miss the point entirely of an OEM computer. You're one dense person, you know? The point of it all is that you can buy a complete system from one place, receive a warrenty from one place and not have to hassle with trying to RMA to up to a dozen or more different manufacturers. I can purchase an extended warrenty from Alienware to cover any any amount of time from 30 days to 4 years. And $300 for a four year warrenty is a damn good deal when you consider the sheer amount of components that can fail in a computer system.

I'm quite far from needing someone to hold my hand when purchasing entertainment and your remark was just stupid and makes absolutely no sense. Saying that someone needs their hand held if they would pay the extra premium and purchase a high end computer system from a reputable manufacturer has to be coming from someone that has to be stupid. Now I may become suspended or banned for this one, but I'm going to outright call you a ****ing moron as you don't seem to understand why the premium is there. And that premium isn't a whole great deal more then what I would pay if I were to purchase the components seperately and build it on my own.

So come on, where's my computer at? I'll be paying you for the extended four year warrenty so I want it sitting on my doorstep within a month. If you can't provide me an equivalent rig that Alienware can with the same technical support, quality, and detail. Then just shut up.

:quick Edit: Just WTF does "shwaythanial" mean anyways? I've tried breaking it apart into seperate words and yet it still makes no sense. Neither does your last paragraph with your random sayings. Perhaps not only a few classes in business management are required but some basic English classes as well.

10. fullfat

fullfat What's a Dremel?

i think thats the point of alienware. you get a complete system thats been tested with each other part and have peace of mind that its all coming from one place ready built and ready to go. theres the single warranty you get, instead of having components covered by everywhere.
    they offer a whole service, i cant somment if its any good as ive not used them before. but they are supplying great kit to many that choose to use them either for ease or from not really knowing alot about computers but want bleeding edge performance without the knowledge/hassle.
    you cant really put a price on knowledge or warranty sometimes.

11. Nature

Nature Minimodder

You can argue the good, bad, or neutral. I'm advocating what the article mentioned about the price and substanial upgrades you could/should obtain for the amount you pay.

The apeals of buying with Alienware are evident and obvious. The price of peace of mind is priceless. I'm not saying that I wouldn't buy this if I was rich! But as of now I can't agree with anyone who saves up for a Dell, HP, VAIO, Alienware or other manufacturers, and knows how to make it themselves (a computer). That gives me tumors thinking about it.

One can easily argue both sides, even though it's kind of forbiddon in this article. You kind either woot! or shudap... strange

I am sorry if I offended anyone with that California jive (Especially dumbass Virginians!) ,I'll write more to the bit-tech standard English level of excellence!

Apologies,
    Nature

12. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

First off, VAIO isn't a manufacturer but a Sony branded laptop, gg one that one! And you obviously don't seem to understand the reason why someone would purchase from an OEM in the first place. You buy from an OEM for a few reasons. So let me make a list for you since it seems to be too hard of a concept for you to understand.
    • All parts are bought from one place. You don't have to go sorting through thousands of possible parts to pick from in order to end up with the computer you want.
    • Warrenty, warrenty, warrenty. You don't need to dig through tons of receipts and warrenty cards that you've filled out and made copies of to make sure a particular part is under warrenty.
    • Tech support: wow, this seems to be a hard concept for you so let me speel this one out for you. You don't have to come home from a full day at work and spend half of your spare time time to troubleshoot just why the **** your computer won't work. Sure it may be fun for a hobby but when your time becomes limited, you don't want to **** with that sort of thing. You want to come home and your computer just run.
    • Payment plans. Wow, bet you didn't even think of this one, did you? You can *GASP* make payments on your computer system over a course of several months to a couple of years. This means that you can have bleeding edge hardware right now even if you can't afford to drop the full ammount at once. Because you, your AMD FX-60 is going to be absolutely useless if you don't have the other components to make it run.
    There, did that help spell it out for you? And as for your half assed attempt to insult me, how about you pick up a map and learn a little bit of geography. "dumbass virginians" Wow, did you know that Virginia and West Virginia are two completely different states? It's not the "western part of Virginia" after all. GG on that one.

And I have still yet to see you build me the same system for cheaper then what they're selling it at. Where's it at? You want to open your mouth and say you can build it for cheaper then do it, pack it up, and ship it to my doorstep.

13. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Sigh...

Once again: "The apeals of buying with Alienware are evident and obvious"

And as for: "And I have still yet to see you build me the same system for cheaper then what they're selling it at. Where's it at? You want to open your mouth and say you can build it for cheaper then do it, pack it up, and ship it to my doorstep."

Well, use the search. It's not hard. You can buy all the parts individually and save, yeah. Many other company's (Widow PC, Dell, and hundreds more) offer similar deals (with warranty's too) if you don't want to costomize and construct on your own. (since your in the states) Go on newegg and start throwing stuff in your shopping cart and after taxes, shipping, etc. it's still cheaper.

Once again, I'm sorry for offending any dumbass virginians (be they east or west) and breaking the classy dialogue here in the forums. I am Sorry to the writer of this article where I have gone off topic a little, in these replies.

Clams

14. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

You pay for the support :duh:. You pay for the fact that all these parts are warranted for an extended period of time by one company, no matter what you do, and you pay for not having to spend your own time - of which you might have very little - going through the long and laborious process of isolating components to test them.

Build it yourself if you want, but you won't match the service, warranty and support that's available for that price. In fact, have a go at sellling several systems and employing the support staff, engineers and technicians to help the users for less cash. I'd enjoy seeing you try ;)

15. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I hate you 'cause you're wrong.

<A88>

16. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Were you ****ing dropped on your head as a kid or were you one of those kids that ate paint chips and lived under power lines?

Seriously. I don't think I've met someone with such a thick skull as you. The whole purpose of buying from an OEM is so that I don't have to put it together myself. So your comment about newegg is irrelevent to anything I have mentioned in my numerous posts. It's quite obvious that the only dumbass here is you since you can't seem to get the concept of an OEM through your thick skull.

I called you out on it, you said you can build the same computer for cheaper. So I want you to build me me that same computer for me. That's what Alienware does when someone purchases from them. Dell's aren't on the same page as Alienware, now are they? Alienware has built up a reputation because they provide quality machines and not **** products. Their warranty work is also top of the line and I have yet to come across another OEM that has met or exceeded their standards.

17. Nature

Nature Minimodder

For the third time: "The apeals of buying with Alienware are evident and obvious"

Yet I must be thick and terribly wrong... My bad, apologies.... especially to dumbass Virginians (west or not) :thumb:

18. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

You may have said that line before, but yet you go on to still say you can build it cheaper. That's being thick. For a better look at a dumbass, have a look in the mirror.

19. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

We are all aware that you can easly build a sysyem as good as ,if not better, the Alienware for the same money.

And as expressed by many that is not the point, Alienware is aimed at those who want cutting edge technology, but either don't have the knowledge or don't want to build one themselves.
    With that in mind you then have to look at the Alienware in that light, how does it compare to other top end pre built systems.

There is no doubt this is one stonking system, looks as always are not to my taste, but god I want one.

20. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

Tags: Add Tags