1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News HDMI converter for non-elite 360s?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 27 Jun 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Is there something I dont know?? as I dont get the fuss about the HDMI port on Xbox 360

I have my 360 conected via vga and does 1080p so what am I missing????? If its digital audio then is there any point as TV speakers are crap and not may have digital Optical or Digital coax outputs to out put it to your Theatre kit.

My TV does have Ditital optical out and is one of the reasons for my TV purchase, but if your TV doesnt have this, then you can use the Optical output on your vga cable to conect to your theatre.

So as I see it, unless you do get one of the Few TV'S with Digital out then I cant see that HDMI is a usefull requirement.

So what is the fuss?

3. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

the fuss is this DRM mumbo jumbo.....

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

It'll be a poor quality VGA -> DVI upscaler with the audio synced it.

The 360 normal does not have the capability to output DVI properly.

Also: The unit says XCM, but you're written XMC everywhere...

And Team Xtender are claiming it's theirs./

5. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

The Elite 360 has a new digital scaler inside... in addition to the analogue one in the current 360. So the only way to get a pure digital signal out of the console is to buy the elite.
    With this cable thing, unless you don't have a VGA port on your 1080p TV, this won't offer any advantage. It will probably just degrade the VGA signal. In fact there are only two scenarios that this cable would be of any use.
    1. 1080p output for HD DVD but don't have a VGA input (component will output 1080p for games but only 1080i for HD DVD and the difference between VGA and component in this use is practically nothing).
    2. Upscaling DVD's...

The only reason to even slightly consider worrying about HDMI is for HD DVD's. Even then by the time the Elite comes to Europe HD DVD players will be half the price.

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Joeymac: HD-DVD player for the 360 is £99, HD-DVDs are £12.50. Cheap in my view.

7. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

Yeah I know, I have one. I was saying about the Elite... for the what the price of the Elite+HD DVD addon... you most likely will be able to buy a proper stand-alone HD DVD player and a normal 360 by the time the Elite comes out here. Or the cost will be near enough to be worth going that route. IF (!).... HDMI is something you really need. If HDMI is not important for your setup then the normal 360 and HD DVD addon would be fine.

8. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

HMMMmmmmm!!!

Not really sure what to make of this, but we can always see independent tests of the final product before we make up our own minds....so no harm done?!?!

9. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

If it works then great, if it doesnt, then Ill have to change my X360 when I get my home theatre properly set up. Either way ... Not the biggest thing to worry about.

Tags: Add Tags