1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IcyBox IB-MP301-B

Discussion in 'ICY BOX' started by steveo_mcg, 7 Mar 2009.

1. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

My mums box won't play sound on certain files, is there an updated firmware for this box?
    I can't find what type of files they are just now but i'll update this when i get to my own computer.

2. Nathan@Nanopoint

Nathan@Nanopoint Ctrl Alt Del

Hi

The IB-MP301-B was the first model put into production, the later models support many more formats including MKV. Please check your file formats and give details on which formats you are experiencing difficulties with.

3. Louise

Louise What's a Dremel?

Hi

Last year I brought an IcyBox IB-MP302-B IDE Media player with a 3.5 hard drive and it worked perfectly, this casing unfortunately broke and we got a new one and used our old hard drive. However now it seems to have a error where you watch about an hours worth of film then it cuts out and it says there is nothing in the memory. When its plugged into the computer all files are still there however it wasn’t registering when plugged into the TV. Have you heard of this before and is there anything I can try to resolve this problem.

Many thanks
    Louise :)

4. Nathan@Nanopoint

Hi Louise

I've not heard of a problem like this before and due the nature of the fault it would be best to return it to us so that our technical department can test the unit with different hard drives. Do you know when the unit was purchased? all Icy Box come with a 12 months warranty. If you wish to return the unit for our technical department to look at you will need to fill in a RMA request form for a returns number. Click here for service

I hope that the unit is still in warranty. If the unit turns out to be faulty, the unit will be repaired and you will be back to watching your movies in no time :)

Last edited: 10 Mar 2009
  5. Louise

Louise What's a Dremel?

Hi Nathan,

Many thanks for you response. I only purchase it last week so i will call the company i brought it from and if they wont help i will come back to you for help as it is definatly in warranty.

Thanks again

Louise
    :)

6. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Just checked the files which don't play the sound are XVID where as the files that work correctly are DIVX5 however both use mp3 for the sound layer. Any ideas does this box support Xvid?

7. Nathan@Nanopoint

Hi Stevo_mcg

The IB-MP301 does not support Xvid...

If you require Xvid support I would suggest looking at the IB-MP308
    Video formats:- WMV: WMV9, ASF: WMV9, MP4: MPEG4 Video,
    DAT: MPEG1, VOB: MPEG2,
    MPG/MPEG: MPEG1/MPEG2,
    TP/TS/TRP HD-MPEG2/SD-MPEG2,
    ISO, IFO, AVI: MS-MPEG4v3/XviD/WMV9

Or the IB-MP3010HW
    Video formats:- MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4: AVI, MPG, VOB, IFO,