1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs iPhone 3GS – the Apple tastes sweet

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 6 Jul 2009.

1. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

There was something on Trusted Reviews Twitter feed this morning about Orange and T-Mobile (I think it was) are going to start offering the iPhone 3G (the S will still be exclusive to O2)

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

do what? name it and there's a Appstore app or jailbroken app to do it.

3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I was saying that I can run Android on my laptop to independently test any app before my wife takes it out-so there's no "I wish I had known" moments.

4. looselycoupled

looselycoupled What's a Dremel?

I'll agree here. I have an iPod Touch and it is fantastic. Compared to the Winmo phone I had when I got the touch, it was like the thing fell out of the sky from the future. Sadly, I'm stuck on Verizon for now and so I'm stuck using a Blackberry Curve + iPod Touch for my "phone".

@KayinBlack

The G1 is nice, but it doesn't even compare to the iPhone 3GS in terms of speed. The 3GS can load webpages from WiFi in less than half the time, and panning and zooming around a large webpage is far easier and faster with the iPhone.

Carriers and availability not considered, the 3GS is a far better device than the G1 for everyone but an open source zealot.

That said, as a developer I love the idea of Android, and I think with some time to mature and better hardware, it will be an excellent system.

5. ronnie

ronnie What's a Dremel?

As apple was the first developer of smart-phone that is why it is an expert in the field of touchscreen phones. iPhone 3GS a new generation phone is definitely one of the modern wonders and above all, it’s the best phone among all smart-phones available. it is fast easy to use, reliable and offers iphone accessories to make it more fun to use. The users of iPhone 3G love it because as many windows mobile slows down in operation and has a little battery timing this phone doesn`t this is the very reason this phone is the best.
    Regards
    Ronnie Williams

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Uh, no.

What about Blackberry, HTC? WinMo phones etc? They pre-date them by many years. It took Apple 18 months before they even had copy and paste. It still doesn't have flash support.

"The Best Phone"? I think you'll find that, as a phone for making and receiving phone calls, it's one of the worst. As a piece of mobile-computing hardware, it's pretty good at best. It's biggest feather in its cap is that it's well supported.

At this point, Ronnie, the holes in your wet "argument" are so big it creates its own gravitational vacuum. I'm branding this one "beware of the supermassive black hole".

7. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Having just aquired one myself, I concur. I too hated Apple and had many an argument with mac fanbois on the PC Pro forums (they were shared at the time with MacUser), but my love of linux opened my eyes to other UNIX-like systems - the mac was like having linux/unix with 3rd party software support (besides Google!) I have a macbook pro now and it is very impressive and no doubt worth the money I paid for it. OSX is a nice OS to use too.

The 3gs is by far the most fun phone I've had and the unlimited data built into the tariff is excellent too. Battery life is shocking, but I've just got into the habit of charging it overnight.

I'm in danger of turning into a fanboi myself. Oops.

8. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Bindi, Bindi, Bindi, what has the internet taught us? Don't feed the trolls, especially when they resurrect a six month old thread to post some incoherent, barely comprehensible and horribly punctuated ramblings with no basis in fact. It is better just to let them get their inane outbursts off their chests and then shuffle back off under their bridges with a copy of the Daily Mail and a six pack of super strength lager.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I know, I just felt like putting one down yesterday. Unfortunately he didn't reply so I didn't get to use my hammer to do the humane thing.

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Actually, SquareTrade (a mobile and laptop insurance company) rates the iPhone as one of the best smartphones out there, with lower failure rates than the Blackberry or Treo. :p Concerns about the battery and quality of calls was found to be unfounded.

11. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Personally I wouldn't call haveing to charge my phone battery every day without fail "unfounded", but hey, what do I know :p

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I've missed 3 phone calls just this morning alone on my 3GS. Their testing is flawed or they are incredibly lucky, because it's renowned as a poor phone.

13. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

I've missed calls on every phone I've had - answerphone messages pop up, but the phone never rings - network trouble generally. Tends to happen on Orange quite a lot, not so much on O2 (in my experience)

14. ronnie

ronnie What's a Dremel?

Apple designed iPhone basically for people who are unable to cut any time for recreation. With iPhone 3G users can store emence amount of data including pictures, music, notes and can even creat their own to-do list. With all these feautures an ultimate variety of iphone accessories is also available to the users to enhance the functionality of their iphone. The most useful and handy iphone accessory includes Apple iphone 3G 10-in-1 accessory kit offering 5 silicon cases, screen protector, sports armband, audio cable and car and home chargers, this seems to be a complete package for your iphone.
    http://www.wirelessphonegallery.com/apple.aspx

Tags: Add Tags