1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Moronic Time-Waster eBay Buyer

Discussion in 'General' started by GeorgeK, 22 Nov 2017.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

So a few of you may remember that a while ago I listed an SSK for sale here and then eventually sold it on eBay. This is where the fun begins...

The guy took nearly a week to pay and then paid by e-cheque which then took nearly a week to clear. Once it cleared I sent the item on a Monday and it arrived with him on Wednesday. He then contacted me over a week later (a Thursday) to tell me that the board was faulty. I promptly accepted his request assuming that the board was damaged in transit and supplied a shipping label. He then took 9 days to send the board back last Saturday. It finally arrived back today and guess what's wrong with it - yep you guessed it, precisely **** all. Thankfully a quick phone call to eBay means that, even though I've still had to refund the ****, eBay will be refunding me both of my postage costs and all fees involved with the transaction.

At least the board isn't totalled but this has been such an ongoing saga since the auction finished on the 15th of October with such a complete moron it's properly made me lose faith in humanity...

/rant

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I'm sorry to say that you ain't a proper ebayer until you've been royally ****** about by a **** of a buyer.

Welcome to the club, GK - standing room only, I'm afraid.

[edit] Argh, swear filter is borked!

adidan and GeorgeK like this.
  3. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Welcome to eBay.

Had several things returned to me faulty.

All were absolutely fine.

Not fun and not fair but thats the eBay way.

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

There are plenty of ***** of sellers too, after a generally good run the last few years I've been to Ebay CS twice this year. One just up and vanished with the money (not a great plan), the other sold me a set of beat to buggery Oakleys as being in 'fantastic' condition then accused me of everything from incompetence to bait and switching the sunnies for a different pair. I confess to laughing my arse off when his angrish emails landed in my inbox, then I reported him a second and third time for the abusive messages he left on my feedback. Meanwhile Ebay mods sent me a message thanking me for my calm conduct, made me all warm inside.

I got the (brilliant) last laugh too. Ebay supplied me with a return address and forced a refund through, except the genius at the other end hadn't kept his account up to date, so off the sunnies went to an address he no longer lived at, never to be seen again.

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I've had them for days and days on FB and Gumtree. Here is one that literally just arrived..

First this is what the ad says.

All boxes, all instructions etc. ALSO NOTE - price is 100% absolutely and utterly firm.

And my first email.

200 pound ???

6. Vault-Tec

Did you read the advert?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Yes way???

So you read the part that clearly says –

All boxes, all instructions etc. ALSO NOTE - price is 100% absolutely and utterly firm.

7. Vault-Tec

Last price 250???

Yes that is my asking price. Where are you located?

Dewsbury to far 271 mills 542 mills all

200 pound good???

[​IMG]

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

If you respond to these drongos you've already lost, just delete the message and get on with your life.

9. Vault-Tec

After the week I have had with messers it was quite therapeutic telling him to **** off tbh.

10. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Hahaha - look at Sweary McSwearason over here :p

I've been lucky so far - sold a lot of things on eBay for a considerable amount of money and this is the first transaction I've had go 'wrong'.

I've had similar - I just ignore them, block them and report their conversations as spam lol. I've had no end of people message on facebook that they're interested only to vanish into the ether and to never be heard from again...

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I remember the good old days when buying and selling on Ebay was a pretty decent experience, then big money stepped, corporate greed became the name of the game and scammers arrived in droves.
    I rarely sell now as the fees are way over the top but it is still useful to find the stuff that we used to get from our local hardware store now sadly no more, the last one near me closed recently and is now a supermarket 'local' store, like we need another one of those?

12. Vault-Tec

I just seem to have been having some really crappy luck lately. Maybe it's testing me? god knows. First some anus wasted my entire weekend (I waited in until Sunday evening, I was supposed to be going to my mother's because my depression was awful) and then yesterday I had more of the same, only this time from OCUK forums.

First this guy emails me saying he wants to buy my X79 bundle, then when I ask for payment he says "Oh, I thought it was a 1680 V2 Xeon"* (*which are hen's teeth, totally unlocked 10 core Ivy and sell for £599+) and then when I told him what CPU it was he started arguing saying it was an ES etc. Seriously? where do these people come from? I wouldn't mind, but all I see all over Facebook all day is Polish people this, Great Britain ! that but we are a serious bunch of ******s. I didn't even bother replying in the end. I was defeated by his moron levels. Would have explained to him that these were OEM only CPUs and came fitted to fully built Intel servers but by that time I had ran out of typing power. haha, telling me what CPU I have. Funny guy.

Thankfully this morning I did sell something. Basically a whole brand new bike minus the parts I wanted that cost more than the entire bike to buy. Nice girl, buying it for her BF for Xmas. So yeah, thank god some sanity.

13. Vault-Tec

Oh yeah forgot something else too !

So two weeks ago I order three 100ml bottles of Eliquid. I email the seller two days later asking if he has shipped and who with (so I know who to look out for). No reply. I then email him once a day every day for another five days. He says "Your order hasn't gone through I have cancelled it". Eh?

I then order three more bottles from some seller on Amazon. For two days now they have been out for delivery with the PO but have not arrived. By the end of today the only liquid I will have left is the stuff that burns three coils out a day (at around £2.50 each).

Am I missing something here? or is the PO just being completely crushed by Black Friday? I've got about ten BMX parts on order and 1 chain arrives.

FFS.

14. rak500

rak500 Minimodder

Last time I sold a thing on Gumtree, it was £50 -No offer!- for a phone:
    Guy: would you sell for £25
    Me: I'm sorry, but the price is £50
    Guy: so, £30?
    Me: No, the price is £60, No offers
    Guy: What? I thought the price was £50
    Me: Oh, so you did read the advert!

No more texts after that...

Big Elf likes this.
  15. Vault-Tec

Yeah I can be brutal tbh. I remember when I was selling my ex wife's chair. She paid over £300 for it was a top end chair (computer chair). She sat in it once, then it just stood there for over a year. So I put it on Gumtree with a firm asking price of £130. Some asshole immediately messages me saying "I will take this. I only pay £50 for chairs". I replied and said "This chair is worth over £280. I am not sure where you have been buying chairs from but it won't be this one !".

Any way, he then comes back to me and says "I have trouble believing that a chair could be worth so much". So I found it on Staples for £280, sent him the link and said "So first off you offer me peanuts then you call me a liar?"

He did try to apologise but I told him to f**k off. I left it on there for about two months ended up getting my asking from a nice guy who drove down from London. But yeah, Gumtree is like a charity shop. Full of hawks who want to jump in fast, buy cheap and then sell big on Ebay.

Don't have any of it tbh, not a sausage.

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

My biggest problem with ebay buyers these days is buyers not leaving feedback. I don't care about the points, I just want to know that it got there in one piece and that I'm not going to have to go through the fuss of a claim. Especially when one of the items I sold recently is worth £650.

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I tend not to leave feedback until I can confirm the item is working (If needs be), so I accept some delay, but I've still got sold item feedback outstanding from last year.

Some people are halfwits when it comes to them thur intertoobs.

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I do the same. But 3 weeks is more than long enough to check the physical condition of a laptop and boot it up to make sure there's nothing obviously wrong.

19. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

You guys obviously haven't tried to sell a car lately... Even on a £400 shed you'll get endless chancers, people trying to knock you down etc.

The worst one is when they say they want to view it and don't bother turning up! With the last one I sold (for a massive £900!), the potential buyer sounded decent, answered emails cojently, good phone conversation and said "Right, setting off now, I'll be 25 minutes according to Google". Never saw/heard from him again.

20. Vault-Tec

That is exactly what happened with my RC cars. He spoke to me all weekend, said he was leaving then disappeared from Facebook. Must have blocked me or something. I wouldn't have cared but I was critically depressed at the time and very close to suicide. I was supposed to go to my mother's on the Friday, having had a really bad day on the Thurs. If it was a normal day and I was just here I wouldn't have given a toss, but I also spent about two hours getting everything out, charging up the batteries, getting the cars RTR (lube, etc) and so on. I had this enormous pile of stuff all over my living room floor.

Thankfully I have since been to the Pdoc and he said to reduce my Venlaflaxine which has worked pretty well but yeah, sick and tired of being messed around tbh. Now I know why I don't sell things. Used to give them away, but it seems even for free people take the piss so I stopped that lark too.