1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Mouse behaviour

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bogomip, 20 Aug 2013.

1. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody could diagnose a problem im having. My mouse (Logitech G500) has some sort of problem, in that at the start of the day, when I turn the computer on... it works fine, no issues. However it steadily gets worse throughout the day, not moving when I do, requiring to be lifted and replaced on the table to work etc.

I have replaced the drivers already but to no avail. Has anybody got any idea what this could be, or what I should do to find out what it is thats causing it?

Thanks,
    Bogo

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Have you tried it in another rig?

Do you have pets?

3. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Also, what sort of surface are you 'mousing' on?

4. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

tried poking it's eye with a q-tip?

5. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

I am mousing on a wooden desk - I haven't tried it in something else, the first time I really noticed the pattern was yesterday.

No pets :)

6. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Make sure it's free of dust underneath, try a mousepad and if none of that works reload the software. Also the customer service of Logitech are about the best you will get. Send them an email they will exchange it for you. If there's one supplier that are willing to help it's Logitech.

7. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

This. If you've got a compressor/can of air, give it a blow too. Might just be on the way out, otherwise - Logitech will hopefully sort you out if that's the case.

8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Try a different USB port if you have not already done that.

I noticed that my old Microsoft Sidewinder mouse stopped working properly, and I tried a different USB port and it all worked perfectly fine then until I bought a new mouse.

Then I tried the new mouse in the old USB port, and it would work fine for a few days and then play up.

9. techhead

techhead Minimodder

I had some thing similar with my Roccat Kova severe mouse lag a few weeks ago. The mouse start, stop, move erratically across the screen.
    Are you using a NVidia GPU do you have the 320.XX driver and any drivers later drivers installed?

the reason why I ask the NVidia 320.XX driver and any drivers after all have TDR errors which cause mouse lag in some cases and more severe problems in other case .
    You can check your event logs and see if your are getting any NVidia errors

10. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

It sound sounds like a partial break in the cable. If optical sensor has been cleaned and it's still the same then that might suggest the cable is faulty.

Wooden desk isn't the ideal surface though but if it was fine previously then it doesn't sound like the tracking surface is the issue.