1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nokia previews future Symbian UI

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Jan 2010.

1. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

N900 looks good interesting

2. Xir

Xir Modder

Thanks for the insight.

"...the fact that I can disable Wifi/BT "
    I'd prefer hardware buttons for that, but I'm probably too oldschool :D

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I love the way the quote in the article compares Symbian to Mac OS, Android and Palm OS. Like the Palm Pre had even the smallest effect on the market! It was a total unmitigated disaster.

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I dunno about hardware buttons for those functions on a phone, I don't think there has been a phone in existance that had that.

But on my front screen I have a widget that will do wifi/BT/GPS location based services, Syncing and quick change of display brightness, plus all radio off.

I do miss hardware based buttons for pick up/end call though I have to admit, that's the only thing I really miss with these fancy touchscreen phones, but that might be more to do with the proximity sensor turning the screen off and not always turning it back on with out me shaking the phone so I can't see if I have ended the call, little software buggette in Android me thinks, everything else just feels as though this was what touchscreen were designed for, its just so right.

5. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

First of all, why do you say the Palm Pre was a disaster?

Second of all, the OS on the Palm Pre is webOS, which only two devices run (the Pre and the Pixi) which is completely separated from PalmOS, which was sold last year and thus is no longer being actively developed by Palm.

The N95 was a huge success, but true, since then they've had nothing majorly appealing (though their business models, e.g., E72, do quite well I think? They're quite like BlackBerrys) until the N900, which I can't see be hugely successful... Shame, really.

I think Nokia are just holding on to the low-end of the market, and also in developing countries, where they have a huge impact.

6. livesabitch

livesabitch life is what you make it!

think i will stick with the iphone or my Ijeff as i call it!

Tags: Add Tags