1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Oblivion

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jokkocze, 9 Mar 2006.

1. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

So, who's waiting for Oblivion? Who preordered? What did you preorder? Who's faintfull to their pc's, and who's lame enough to play it on the xbox? Who's gonna make a Oblivion casemod?

Tell us everything, you must!

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

preordered the collectors edition
    I've set up a chair next to my front door and im not going to eat or sleep until it arrives

(ok so I lied about that second bit)

3. Jokkocze

Preordered CE aswell, I cant wait til I get it

4. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Pre-ordered too (std ed.).

I kno wit will be a fiver cheaper two days after launch, but for those two days, I am king...

I'm hoping for the best, but fearing that some of the console-centric romours are true.

5. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

I might grab a copy of this - I didnt really enjoy the last one, but I think I've never tried it in an RPG mood - too much text to read. Well chuffed that the new one is all spoken.

6. Kaze22

Kaze22 What's a Dremel?

Looks like you'll need a powerful rig to run that with all the bells and whistles SLI anyone.

7. Jokkocze

Not really :p

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Had CE pre-ordered since CE was offically announced. Looks fantastic, although the graphics have taken a beating, they don't look as good as the early screenshots and vids, but still damn good.

Really looking forward to it, especialy the new combat system.

9. killingtime

killingtime What's a Dremel?

what does the collectors edition have that the standard version does not, i may have to get the CE instead...

10. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Xbox 360 version please. Remembering what a buggy monster the last game was I'm not taking the chances on my PC - stable game that looks amazing on my Xbox 360 is what I want. Also, it's been stated that they'll be releasing the mods and addons via the XBL marketplace too so I won't be missing out on the extra content too much either.

11. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

I pre-orderd Special Edition yesterday...I sooo can't wait anymore. Here in Germany the game is released on the 24. :rolleyes:
    If the game doesn't run at high settings I might even buy me a X1900XTX or 7900GTX....

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

You get a Lord of the Rings Extended version style box
    A DVD for the game
    A DVD with making of oblivion, etc.
    A coin from the game (a septim)
    A pocket book with some background story information and whatnot
    Oh and the manual
    EDIT: A map too of course

I bought it for the coin :p, seems better than most CE crap there is these days *cough* lionhead *cough*

Here's a link about it http://www.theelderscrolls.com/codex/team_obliv_cediary.htm

13. RaGzY

RaGzY What's a Dremel?

Sorry to all you oblivion game lovers.

Oblivion's graphics look amazing...but the game play looks so bad. How is this game interesting, i've never played elder scrolls, but is it one of those platform games were its the same tedious thing

Kill.....Upgrade....More weapons...........boredom?

14. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

oblivion and morrowind (ES3) are the best games I have ever played, ever

many others will say the same

15. specofdust

specofdust Banned

It's and RPG, not a platform game. You might consider playing a game before writing it off, especially since you've just insulted a game which is loved lots by many, and muhc like the Tad, ES3 is the best game I've ever played, with Oblivion being one of the best.

Really, you obviously have absolutely no idea about the game, so get it and give it a go, or read up about TES in general.

16. RaGzY

RaGzY What's a Dremel?

Sorry Oblivion guys, i checked into oblivion elder scxrolls, and saw screenshots of the game. I realised that it looked just like a game close to my heart....P.O.P!!!!

I take it all back.

But, during Prince of Persia i got bored as it was too long, same as TES ???

17. Kaze22

Kaze22 What's a Dremel?

LOL somebody's never heard of the term RPG before.

18. specofdust

specofdust Banned

No, look, this is not a game you can judge by screenshots, don't even try. You need to understand, elderscrolls games are fairly hardcore RPG games. TES games aren't a set length, they have no ending, only a begining. There are various quest lines that you can choose to go down, or not.

Think of it kind of like a big virtual world, with lots of places to go, people to meet, and quests to do.

You can just go wander of and hunt deer, or you can go down into some dungeons and kill daedra(demons), or you can goto a book shop and easily spend 3 hours just reading in game books.

The game is huge, and while you can treat it like an action game if you want, ignoring the depth of gameplay in a TES game is throwing away a lot. It's not for everyone, but for those who enjoy complicated RPG's, TES games are generally highly rewarding.

19. RaGzY

RaGzY What's a Dremel?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....seems really interesting. Might go and get me the game.

Thanks

20. specofdust

specofdust Banned

No problem, 'poligies if I've seemed generally hard on you since you've joined, but you're a learning newbie, theres lots to be corrected and taught, but its great that you're listening and learning :)

Tags: