1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Played an hour or so of ICO HD today. I like it a lot so far (apart from the annoying camera), but have just reached the first point where I can't figure out what to do, and the flippin' girl I'm towing along keeps making spastic noises at me and pointing at the wall, as if I'm supposed to be able to interpret her or summink. Don't want to have to refer to a walkthrough, but don't want to spend ages stuck where I am either. Hmmm.

2. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Finished Jazzpunk yesterday.
    A lot of good jokes and a lot of beautiful, terrible puns (dad joke tier). Short but I really enjoyed it, in fact I think some sections and areas could be streamlined even more. The final 1/3 of the game, though still funny, could definitely use some cutting and redesigning.

3. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Assassins Creed Syndicate - I haven't played one since the excellent Black Flag and I'm really enjoying it. They've nailed the feel of London and it's a good port to boot.

Last edited: 4 Feb 2016
  4. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Since steam refuses to download anything for me at the moment i've booted up my PS4 and im playing Sword Art Online: Lost Song. Not as good as i hoped but something to pass the time while steam slowly downloads xcom 2

5. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Ryse: Son of Rome

Bought in the steam sale and it's really, really good. I'm really enjoying the combat. It's mindless but also tactical. At high difficulty it's a real challenge, something that I find isn't the case in most hack and slash games. The game is beautiful, even at low settings and the well animated facial features makes cutscenes enjoyable to watch. There's even a multiplayer, gladiator mode where you fight endlessly in a variety of challenges to get new equipment and such. It's fun and challenging.

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Ok, everyone get ready for a chuckle, :D

Construction Simulator 2015

I'd got bored of ETS2 and needed something to distract me for a while till JC3 and RotTR come down a little in price.
    Only spent a few hours on it so far and am liking it. The camera is a bit of an issue, as you have to hold down the left joystick then move the right stick, which is like no other game, :D. Only used the small excavator and flat-bed crane so far, but both are pretty cool, looking forward to the bigger machines.

Would have liked the jobs to be a bit more involving in the actual construction, you really only transport materials to a job site and maybe do some digging. No placing walls or putting trees in holes etc, maybe they'll be more in the later missions as the big tower crane must be used for something big rather than just lifting a portaloo off your truck.

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

X-Com 2

sweet jesus its beautiful, i cant remember the last time I felt euphoria when playing a game, the tension, the savagery, the strategy, all on ****ing point!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Damn, X-Com 2 does look good.

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

amazing what can happen when you're not dragging consoles along for the ride :clap:

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Red Alert 2. Because why the devil not!

11. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Back to Diablo 3 for another season of sitting at the bottom of the leaderboards.

12. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Ignore me, that'll teach me to check whether I'm on the last page or the first page before replying to the "most recent" post :D D'oh!

Last edited: 11 Feb 2016
  13. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Attila Total War - a bit late to the party (to my benefit!) but really enjoying it. Always the way with Total War Games, the Evolution is Better than the Revolution. TW Attilla is to Rome 2 what Napoleon was to Empire. Well worth it for Sub £10.

World of Warships - This game is full of grind, just like World of Tanks, Warthunder, Armoured Warfare, Fractured Space or Naval Action. Not to everyone taste for sure. But for those who want world war 2 ships, in an arena combat environment, with a brutal rock paper scissors mechanic, it is awesome!
    There is a nice theme between trying to take out enemy player ships, while not losing to the core objective of the match, games can easily go either way and often not as expected. And when you do pull off a win by snatching it from the jaws of defeat, the feeling of in-game elation is great!
    What's also nice is that if I only have an hour - I can cram 4-6 games into that time, feel satisfied and move on until next time. Very appealing for time management.

14. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Started Dying Light:The Following. Will be back in a couple of hours to tell you what I think of it.

15. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

If you've got any mods enabled, since they turned on VAC, people have apparently been getting VAC bans for mods (that used to be fully supported and encouraged...)

I need to revisit Dying Light, but I just don't have the motivation...

16. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

The Last of Us Remastered: A great game but can be annoying at times, those "clickers" are a pain in the backside.

Rise of the Tomb Raider on PC: Slowly but surely. Fighting that bear at the start got me in a rage but I am enjoying this game.

Black Ops 3 on PS4: Don't ask me why but this game seems decent on a console, After getting the hang of a controller for an FPS game (Will never be right, thank god for aim assist :lol:) I have started enjoying the simple mechanics to this game. I only play for fun and don't care about my stats like I would on PC.

17. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I think because Call of Duty games are so simple and easy to get good at, they work really well as a console game. I find people on consoles don't take FPS games as seriously either so it tends to be a bit more of a relaxed experience.

American Truck Simulator - Really enjoying driving around the California and Nevada roads, the police can be a little bit strict about how much over the speed limit you're going but otherwise it seems to play just as well as Euro Truck Simulator 2. Just need to get a new wheel so I can fully immerse myself in a nice long drive.

Fallout 4 - Not been doing a great deal of the story on this one, I made it to Diamond City and completed a couple of quests there but then decided I preferred focussing on the settlements so ended up starting a new save and am now constructing various fortresses. Started to have a play with some of the mods as well, a few of them are somewhat unstable but most of the cosmetic ones seem to play nice.
    I really like the Nuclear Weather mod, it makes the wasteland feel so much harsher:
    http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9063/

18. Darkwisdom

Xenoblade Chronicles X - One of those games that make me glad I bought a Wii U. The game isn't visually impressive for a game released this year, but the gameplay, story and scope completely shatter any other J-RPG on the market. I went into the game knowing nothing about it beforehand - i'd played the last one on Wii though. I didn't know the story, characters etc. It's enormous. Completely gigantic. I'm on chapter 4 (of 12) but that's just the main story. Side quests number into the hundreds as far as I can see, the world is literally a world. The map you can explore literally is the entire planet. It's about thrice as big as the witcher 3 at least, possibly even bigger. It's jam packed full of detail in every section of land and the monsters are levelled suitably. It looks like a 360 game, but it has other details that blow me away. The distance you can see is immense and some monsters are genuinely massive, behemoths. It doesn't have mind-blowing visuals nor does it have emotional interactions between characters but that gameplay. Oh, and did I mention the giant robots? Yeah, you can own and pilot several giant robots.

Anything that isn't cosmetic and uses an .esp was made using a third party application as we still don't have the official mod tools from bethesda. Just a tip, don't use too many and save often and in different slots. Those unofficial made esps can corrupt saves very easily - it was debunked as rubbish early in Skyrim's mod scene. We also don't have detailed stuff. So we can't make proper quest mods or anything like that.

Last edited: 15 Feb 2016
  19. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm definitely going to pick it up for my Wii U at some point. It does sound good.

20. Darkwisdom

It's fantastic. It has little to do with the first game as far as plot goes, but it has much improved in all of the mechanics.