1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test Drive Unlimited Issue

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Kierax, 17 Mar 2008.

1. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

Hi guys.

Right i had this when I had my old Nforce4 Asus A8N32-SLi Deluxe, AMD x2 4600 and 3GB DDR400 and a Creative X-Fi Audio, in Test Drive Unlimited (TDU) in certain cars/bikes anything past 4th gear and the sound becomes... intermittent an almost 0.5second pause, noticeable and irritating, I have since upgraded to a Abit Ip-35pro with a Q6600 and 4GB Corsair XMS2 and brought my X-Fi audio,GPU,PSU and all other bits over.

Now this glitch continues :evil: So far

I have gone onto the onboard and removed all Creative stuff, nothing, and checked IRQ ranges, noticed both my internet ethernet and the onboard Intel HD AC97 share IRQ22, yet in BIOS it only lets me set upto IRQ11, which is sort of annoying.

But I am unknown to whether or not this is the issue, does anyone here have any ideas what I could do to stop this annoying glitch since I enjoy cruising on this unique game.

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

No my friend, you are not cursed!
    I don't have the game, but I think I know how to fix your problem.
    You like me and many other, were stupid enough to buy an abysmal product from all sides from the product itself and on the drivers.

This product is the Creative X-Fi BY Creative. At the moment of release, the X-fi worked great with most motherboards... however the nForce 4 chipset problem with the card was a warning of the future of the card ith newer systems, which is something that Creative, even up to this day, decided to ignore. Now after several Intel, Nvidia, ATI new chip sets, they almost all have problems with X-Fi sound card. If you have SLI or Crossfire you are also target for all the sound card problem that you was/are/will face.

I suggest to do the following:
    - Remove the creative X-Fi sound card from your system.
    - Reset the BIOS. DON'T OC!
    - Unable your onboard sound card (hopefully it is not an X-Fi).
    - Uninstall your motherboard an Creative driver.
    - If you have Vista, uninstall Creative OpenAL.
    - Delete the drivers from your system, so that Windows doesn't re-install them on reboot.
    - re-install the latest motherboard drivers.
    - update your BIOS to the latest version.
    - update Windows to the latest drivers and update.
    - install your ONBOARD (not X-Fi) sound card driver.
    - reboot
    - re-install the game
    - If the game support surround sound, set it to stereo, disable EAX if the game supports it.

3. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

Shall do that mate, and give it a go, a updated bios was in order and a bios reset.

I am on Windows XP if that helps

4. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

Update.

Bios is already the latest version out there, so stepping onto making sure drivers are removed, and bios is fully reset.

5. GoodBytes

Remove the X-Fi on from your system... and place it FAR FAR AWAY ;)

6. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

I have done, but the issue persists in Test Drive Unlimited :( I have literally removed all traces of Creative from the computer.

7. GoodBytes

Did you look inside the game Sound settings for fancy stuff....?
    Did you try to run the game as WinXP or Win2k as Admin?

8. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

I am using Win XP. and am Admin. TDU settings are just volume controls, my HD ac97 is all on stock non meddled with.

9. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

Fixed it.

What I did.

Updated AC97 drivers ( mines the HD ones ) to latest, and then picked 8 channel sound even though I only use 2channel.

I then also removed the pagefile as someone the Atari forums on WLM told me this is also a known issue.

No more glitch

10. GoodBytes

Great news!
    I suspect 2 things: either the game, or Creative driver did some things to Windows.