News UK retailers express doubt over PSPGo

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 26 Jun 2009.

1. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

It's dead, they should just port the very best titles to other formats and scrap it, but I'm sure bullheaded Sony pride/arrogance will make them keep it.

2. rollo

rollo Modder

its the most heavily pirated console if what websites say are true.

wether pspgo will sell in the uk i do not know, not a chips or granger games were i live anyway. Nearest one is 10mile away. Game is 1mile away.

own ds and psp + all 3 next gen consoles. Most played game i think was final fantasy on psp. £200 is alot for what it is though

3. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I almost bought a psp but not for games. I found the controls on it a total nightmare to use. It would of made a decent portable player for movies and such. Could never bring myself round to forking out the cash for one and got a DS instead. DS was another disappointment tbh. Portable gaming is dead/dying. £30 for a brand new game that has little or no replay value? I miss the days of tetris and 5 in 1 games that where totally pointless but consumed hours of your time. Portable gaming tried to be an alternative to consol gaming with titles becoming "epic" It sorta failed and what portable gaming was about.....a guick 5min blast in the car.

4. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I dont get the game argument, the catalogue is huge, and the PSP is far from dead.

Would you have said the xbox and the gamecubes were flops? The PSP has sold more units than both the xbox and Gamecube combined and still selling.

The Game boy and Game Boy Colour combined took 20 years to sell 118 Million. The PSP has been on sale for only 5 years and sold over 50 Million units.

How can anyone say it has flopped or died???

Yes the DS has sold 100 Million in the same time as the PSP, therefore selling at a rate of 2 to 1, but that still a huge market share Sony have and they would be a fool to back out.

5. ImInTheZoneBaby

ImInTheZoneBaby Bring it on sucka!

If I was GAME, or any other store. I'd be reluctant to sell this console. I mean, the customers that bought it won't exactly be coming back to your store to buy games now, would they? The stores would just lose out on money, and Sony would gain. (if anyone actually buys this handheld).

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

what about game titles?

7. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

When I'm not at home, it means I am busy somewhere, and if I'm not busy, I'm at home, where my gaming rig is, so personally I have never wanted a handheld console. This is just me personally, so no rants please.

8. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

That picture makes it look even more uncomfortable to hold than i originally suspected it would when i first saw it.

"Respect my authoritah!"

Tags: Add Tags