Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Another hole in my flesh. Guess who just got a septum piercing?

<- This cow. Turned 44 literally yesterday and I'm going in heavy on body mods but it was about time and I have 20+ years of ideas to catch up with :grin:

DeadP1xels likes this.
  2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Finally calibrated my new monitor, after bringing the colorimeter over from the old office. It's come out a little closer to sRGB than gamma 2.2 than when I was eyeballing it on a test card, but good enough for me - and it revealed that Dell's default RGB mix was way heavy on the green.

3. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Thought my 512GB Steam Deck had a screen protector on it. Turns out it did and damn what a difference that has made removing it. The screen is not way more responsive (especially with the on screen keyboard) and I now actually have the main point of the 512GB model, the anti-glare etched glass display, back in action. Now I game at my desk during lunch and not just see myself in the reflection. :clap:

Downside is potential for the screen being scratched but in my case it sits in the case / on its stand whenever I am not directly using it.

4. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

New trans law passed!

As helsinki GIC has been a pain in the arse and not co-operated with me... I can finally change my name and gender marker everywhere! Bye bye deadname

Last edited: 1 Feb 2023
  5. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Nice one, man.

6. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

13 years of no overdraft and, no other credit or loan of any kind (in my name), has yielded this:
    [​IMG]

Vault-Tec and Weekly_Estimate like this.
  7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Noice. I'm 756, I think, which feels a bit low considering I've literally never gone overdrawn or failed to pay back a debt. And the only debt I've got now is a credit card, paid off in full each month 'cos it gives me cashback, and a mortgage.

8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

23-29

Woo and also Hoo.

9. Gareth Halfacree

Spent some break time at work learning Scribus... by replicating a page of Amiga Shopper.

upload_2023-2-6_21-13-57.png upload_2023-2-6_21-14-6.png

Quite pleased with how that came out! I made no attempt to match the original font, just went with Liberation Sans - but it's close enough. The only images are the Future logo and the editor's fizzog and signature - everything else is boxes, lines, and text.

EDIT:
    Just noticed I accidentally nudged the page numbers so they don't quite line up with the table of contents any more. If anyone knows a better way to have two columns of text in a single box with one left- and one right-aligned so I don't have to draw a second text box over the first... I'm all ears!

I guess I could split the box into three: one one-column at the top, one two-column for the TOC, and final one-column at the bottom...

Last edited: 6 Feb 2023
    IanW, Isitari and MLyons like this.
  10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Polished off a 12 hour shift with a nice foot chase and a collar of a right shitbag, the charges stuck and hes spending the night in hotel custody.

IanW likes this.
  11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I trust that books will be thrown when he has his day in court?

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

doubtful tbh, expecting decent results from the CPS is asking for a bit much.

IanW and adidan like this.
  13. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Like all public services, the justice system has been brought to it's knees by 13 years of Tory cutbacks...

14. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Me old van hasn’t been started for months, I normally just turn the key when I get a notice there going to cancel my insurance unless the tracker can connect. Well today when turning the key she roared into action! Dats my girl!

Also finally tomorrow I have one root canal to go which is the last tooth in my mouth that causes problems and then it’ll be onto the 8 implants! The days of throbbing toothaches, swallowing painkillers, and trying to rip my own teeth out seem to be over.

I also! Went for a run yesterday and the last time I did this I couldn’t catch my breath at the end of the street. I managed a full loop around my area without stopping which is amazing progress!

Last edited: 7 Feb 2023
  15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

These headphones

Have given them a thorough workout with a Devin Townsend Project album and various Heilung songs... Whatever other headphones I might have been considering, I absolutely do not regret getting these. So much more clear and detailed than I'm used to.

16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

IT just offered to swap all our department's monitors from 4 pairs of assorted 2009-2011 vintage 23-24" units to 4 of Dell's U4919DW :jawdrop:

MadGinga and fix-the-spade like this.
  17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Damn that's a big bit of real estate. Any room left for staff? :jawdrop:

IanW and MLyons like this.
  18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Not in our department, sorry. Besides, you'd have to move to Wrexham!

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

My local gym's just been refurbished, new toys!

Also, they've finally got a proper squat rack and they sacrified one of the treadmills to fit it, win win.

20. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Sounds like a sixteenth century torture apparatus :worried: