1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do you all look like?

Discussion in 'General' started by Emzay, 26 Aug 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Not interested in starting a flame war between skiers and snowboarders! I guess the thing is my only experience is that I have hurt myself as a result of cocky skiers who don't follow the rules of the slope (most importantly, check over your shoulder before you initiate a turn) = broken fingers, knee socket that has no sensation, cracked ribs, etc etc etc. Having worked at a ski slope for 5+ years I can say I've had a lot of experience of assholes on both sides of the divide, and it seems to me it's pretty much a case of a small minority of skiers and snowboarders who don't respect the whole other group which cause the animosity. These days I don't ride much outside park/offpiste so it's not such an issue. Last word on the subject - arrogant skiers of all ages who look down on snowboarders do seem to be more prevalant to me, but the asshole snowboarders I've met are WAY worse (we had to ban a kid once cuz he was so bloody cocky and he was just endangering everyone else on the slopes). I do respect everyone though, and for my part, when I'm riding I consider other people on the slope, and I can safely say I've never caused an accident that involved anyone except me. However, I do really find it difficult to have NO animosity towards skiers after some of the things that have happened to my mates because of inconsiderate skiers (prime example: friend of mine was a semi-pro and because of a skier just "hanging out" in the landing of a blind jump, was forced to land on his back rather than his board to avoid hurting the skier, and now has permanent back problems, and can never snowboard or skate again).

AH

p.s. guess I should post a pic!

[​IMG]
    ... 4am last saturday after a night in the country's #4 dirtiest club, Jesters. Sooo filthy, but you can't complain when it's £2.50 for a QUADRUPLE vodka and coke.
    EDIT: I'm on the left.

2. Slink

Slink B7

3. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Wet myself laughing! :hehe:

OT: What ever happend to Emzay?

4. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

[​IMG]

Moi @ Download :)

5. Dayains

Dayains Notamodder

6. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

Do not discriminate against me because I haff un-tannable, un-burnable, indestructable (may not be true) skin. :p

7. Slink

Slink B7

You properly havent changed much Em, I remember the first set of pictures you started putting up on here.

8. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

scary indeed had to turn the brightness down on my monitor that was harsh lol.

U need alot more sunnage.

[​IMG]

Most recent god damn i need a better photographer my current one sucks at it.

just gonna chuck an idea into the pot anyone want to start a new one of these this is like 50 odd pages long and i've got 40posts per page.

morgan.

9. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

well since Emzay started it way back in 2002, i think its only right if she starts a new one (with permission ofcourse)

10. Dayains

Dayains Notamodder

You should do it the scouse way and get tangoed with some fake tan love.

11. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

New thread here.

This thread closed due to many redexes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.