1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii / Wii U Wii Games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by will_123, 31 Aug 2013.

1. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Just moved in with the significant other and seem to have inherited a wii! The games she has dont really move past sports and mario kart, what games do any of you advise? Looking at a couple of the resident evil titles..?

Thanks for any input

William

2. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

All the Zelda games... Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2.

Then of course Wii Sports is the default game to play...

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

- Zelda Skyward Sword
    - Donkey Kong Country Returns (better than Mario by miles)
    - Metroid Prime 3
    - Super Smash Brother Brawl (for multiplayer goodness)
    - Super Paper Mario
    - Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 (the 2 is better than the 1)
    - Wario Land Shake It!
    - Zelda Twilight Princess
    - Resident Evil 4 (med life GameCube game ported on Wii - get it if you haven't played RE4. Note: This is the only Resident Evil game that is good, and I mean really good. The rest is meh to terrible.. at least to me)
    - The Last Story
    - Xenoblade Chronicles
    - Zack and Wiki
    - WarioWare Smooth Moves (for multiplayer goodness)
    - No More Heroes 2
    - Red Steel 2 (not the 1)

4. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Hmm.. Not sure I agree Goodbytes. I didn't like RE4 or any of the later ones. 4 is when it turned into an 'action horror' focusing more on action, gore and the danger aspect rather than horror. The first three (not including spin-offs like code veronica, it was awful), were scary (ish, not much scares me in a game) and you had that dread feeling; that something terrible would happen, a monster,zombie, something. Number 4 was too action packed, it wasn't even zombies either.

However, those other games are great, a quite comprehensive list of the best games on the WII.

Also, OP; don't forget that you can play Gamecube games on a WII. There are more priceless gems on the Gamecube than people realise like-

Dr. Muto
    Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
    Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (Provided you can find a pair of bongos, they're surprisingly rare)
    Chibi Robo
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Killer 7
    Zelda- Wind waker
    Metal Arms - Glitch in the System
    Ikaruga (retro space shooter goodness. It's rock hard.)
    P.N 03
    Wario World
    Skies of Arcadia Legends (an incredible RPG on the Gamecube, it's a port of the dreamcast game. If you haven't played it, PLAY IT!)
    Baten Keitos (A very obscure and rare RPG, it's amazing)
    Tales of Symphonia
    Metal Gear Solid - Twin Snakes
    Super Monkey Ball
    Paper Mario
    Metroid Prime 1 and 2
    Resident Evil 1, 2 &3. These are arguably the best ports of all for the original resi games.
    Also, Resident Evil 0 (This is a fantastic resident Evil game exclusive to the Gamecube)
    Animal Crossing ( this is a marmite game. Some people love it and get addicted to it, some don't enjoy it and find it quite monotonous. I don't like it very much myself.)
    Super Mario Sunshine
    F-Zero GX (a very fast and sci-fi racing game, it's great)
    Pikmin 1 and 2

Honourable mention - Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. This is one of the best games on the gamecube and probably the Wii as well. It is a survival horror in the truest sense. It is absolutely terrifying in places, with your character slowly going mad. It is a story that covers an entire millenium in history of the plot, with you controlling many characters; fighting for your survival and sanity. I still love this game and I'm surprised it never got a sequel because it was so great.

Last edited: 31 Aug 2013
  5. Strudul

Strudul ~

Monster Hunter Tri - One of the best games I have ever played (get a classic controller as well)

6. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

7. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

RE4 Wii Edition is the definitive version of that game. I consider it one of the greatest games of all time, and this is coming from an old-school RE fan as well. Not for everyone, sure, but it's amazing IMO.

8. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Cheers guys, went up to game and hit up the pre owned section. Got the new Mario Bros game, RE4 and House of the Dead. Think ill pick up Zelda later when i can.

9. veato

veato I should be working

Little King's Story if it have been mentioned already

10. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

I would argue that Donkey Kong Country Returns and the two Mario Galaxy titles are three of the best platformers of all time. Utterly brilliant games.

Super Paper Mario is also quite a lot of fun.

11. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I picked up a new copy of Super Paper Mario for a tenner in Tesco on Friday, I've been playing that all weekend (which makes a change as I haven't switched the Wii on in ages).

Others to take a look at:

Metroid Prime Trilogy.
    House of the Dead Overkill (beware it does have a lot of language if you have little ones in the house).
    Kirby
    Zelda Skyward Sword (think you need the Wii Motion + add on for the Wii mote (or a wii-mote with it built in) for this though).

I'd agree with Dark Wisdom on Sanity's Requiem being one of the best Game Cube game's released (and there is a sequal (of sorts) being done at the moment).

12. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

Sanity's Requiem was a lot of fun. I remember really enjoying it.

13. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Really? I'd like to see a sequel or a new game entirely from that studio, Eternal Darkness was just so good.