1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Amazon launches new Kindles and Kindle Fire

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 29 Sep 2011.

1. Xir

Xir Modder

So the fire doesn't run "offline"? :confused:

2. 2bdetermine

2bdetermine What's a Dremel?

When you came late into the tablet war at least tried to offer something refreshing. That wasted space could have been adapted with extra screen space. The only refreshing about this device is the price.

With the recent Microsoft, Google Cloud services outage. Cloud rendering? Hmm...

3. Brooksie

Brooksie What's a Dremel?

I love my kindle but the new one makes mine look dated!

Amazon are going to release a 10" tablet early next year. If they keep the price low, add a camera and expandable memory it will rape the ipad. I will definitely get one.

The problem with the ipad is there is no competition so this is sorely needed.

4. Anneon

Anneon What's a Dremel?

Bought my Mrs. a kindle when it first came out and she uses it every day. I am very tempted to upgrade her to the new fire as it looks very nice.

5. Roskoken

Roskoken What's a Dremel?

Kindle Touch?

Surprised assholes at Apple haven't launched a lawsuit yet for using the word Touch.

6. cowtc

cowtc What's a Dremel?

lol @ the apple hater

7. sstteevveenn

sstteevveenn What's a Dremel?

Anneon that's hardly an upgrade. They're totally different devices. For use as an e-reader it would be a serious downgrade.

8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Don't worry, they will eventually, but like all good patent trolls they are giving the other company some time to make millions with the device first so they can then inflate the numbers more when they go to cry in Court.

9. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

The fire isn't an upgrade to a normal kindle. It us the normal backlit display so isn't meant for use as a ereader.

If she wants a device for web browsing and TV watching on the move then it looks very good owever it not designed tobe used for reading books.

10. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Anyone got one of the new £89 kindles? Looking to get one to replace my kindle 3 that I had to sell a while back and wouldnt mind some views

Tags: Add Tags