1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other blank screen after bios post

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by hodgy100, 19 May 2012.

1. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

Hi.
    My current pc has stopped producing a video output after post. This occurred after testing a friend's SSD in my computer to confirm if it was dead.

My computer now turns on. Passes post and then just goes to a blank screen and stays there. I have no idea what is causing this as I have already tried several things. All of the below result in the same blank screen:
    Removing all but 1 ram stick.
    Disconnecting unneeded drives.
    Disconnecting unseeded usb devices.
    Cmos reset.
    Attempting to boot from my windows 7 disk.

My system specs are:

MSI p45 mobo
    Q6600
    6gb ram
    Gtx 560ti
    Hitachi 160gb boot drive
    Hitachi 1tb drive

I was currently running the windows 8 consumer preview.

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks.

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Ok, following this setup:
    -> Keyboard, mouse and 1x HDD or SSD only (a drive with Windows on). No printer, nor external HDD, as you previously tested.
    -> Ensure that your RAM and all other components are really well installed, including power cables. that connects to stuff.

Now in the BIOS, select "Load Optimize defaults", set your SATA controller to AHCI mode, and set the boot order to start from the SSD/HDD first.

Try now. If that does not work, check if you have "Legacy USB device" (or something similar) in the BIOS, and wtv the value it is set, switch to the other one, and try again.

If that does not work, try a different drive.

If that also does not work, then it could be that the heatsink is too tightly installed, or you bump something inside which moved. Check for those, including if the CPU is well installed.

Also remove all your memory stick, except for one, and try, if that does not work, switch with a different RAM stick. If that still does not work, then I am out of ideas for now.

3. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

My boot drive seems to be causing the error.

I'm going to try and install windows on my other drive then seeing what the problem is

4. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Checked boot order? Boot drive is connected to sata0/1(whichever is lowest number)?