1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C&C3: Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 7 Mar 2007.

1. Panos

Panos Minimodder

Guys don't forget the AI is on Easy mode on the C&C3 Demo. Not the insane :D

2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

The best thing about the original C&C was the installation! :rock: I wish more games would make the install more interesting then watching a progress bar.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I don't. There's nothing more irritating when you're reinstalling a game than an install-story that won't shut up.

SOF1 and 2, I'm looking at you. Same with Operation Flashpoint. :\

4. Infenro

Infenro What's a Dremel?

Ok supcom does rock but your comparing 2 VERY different games and playing styles, stop comparing it there not the same,

thats all just needed to say that,

as for ym comments earlier and what peopl have put, dont you feel there is a lot of items missing like anything from firestorm or any walls, i just hope there is more content in the final release.

5. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

There is walls, because there were walls in the demo campaign map. They just removed most of the unis/buildings we could use

6. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

You can change the settings with your keyboard ;)

7. DarkLord7854

Sucks we can't choose Scrin :p

8. randosome

randosome Banned

it would be nice if you could press a button to shut it up, but it is very nice the first time you install ;)

BTW - I'm a huge C&C fan, and Ive played all the games, and they are fantastic fun, even renegade these days isn't that bad when you get into some real team play (instead of a bunch of n00bs together)
    Although, id definitely admit renegade is the worst in the series, followed by generals

Fantastic they went back to their roots, i was so pissed when EA bought Westwood studios, and then ofc proceeded to ruin the C&C game

Personally i hate sup comm, but i really like the C&C3 demo, i think if you don't like sup comm, you will like C&C3, and if you like Sup comm you wont like C&C3 (not universal truth, but for the majority)

The epic scale of Supp comm is very nice, but the game itself sucks IMO, now if they made C&C meets Sup comm - /drool

Cant wait the 2 weeks its going to take this to come out :waah: (reminds me of south park when cartman is waiting for the wii :p)

9. DarkLord7854

Bet you the illegal downloaders will get it by this Friday (tomorow) :p

10. Damouse

Damouse Thats no moon!

ok, some things need to be set straight.

First of all, starcraft is not just a game. Its almost 11 years old and it still has an enourmous online and international professional following, mainly in south korea. One of the best, if not THE best rts ever. Where the C&C series and the warcraft series are still popular, they have had multiple remakes and renditions over the years, where starcraft never released a series beyond the expansion. How can it be said that starcraft is just a game when it saw said that C&C was played over and over jsut for that high score. The level of tactics and strategy that goes into starcraft cannot even THINK to be rivaled by the C&C series.

I hav heard good things about supcom but have not yet had the chane to play it myself. I have played all of the C&Cs religiously, and the formula above that the counter of c&c is supcom seems a little wrong. I personally look forward to supcom as the current best of the industry, but i cant pass judgement yet i suppose.

As to the SupCom bashers, it seems that the fanboyishness is kicking in quietly. all of the devout c&cs seem to dislike SupCom and talking smack of it. SupCom is doing something that no game has none before, namely raising the scale to almost realistic proportions and insane detail and realism. Again, have not played it but im going off our very own review and all of the trailers. C&C is remaking a game, the same series that started all that time ago. I think that theres a niche for SupCom, and i also think thats its rather stpid to ignore this chance in exchange for blind devotion to C&C.

Total anihalation was the perfect counter to the C&C back in the day. does history repeat itself ?:D

11. randosome

randosome Banned

Well to be fair, some games just don't appeal to some people
    To a lot of people, i bet sup comm doesn't appeal, to me its just far to slow i guess, i don't know how to describe it, i know it doesn't appeal to me, i'm not saying its a bad game, I'm just saying i don't like it

Oh and to be fair, if your complaining of C&C3 being a remake of C&C - sup comm is pretty much a remake of TA - with better graphics and some new stuff
    But isn't that what C&C3 is to C&C

12. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Iv never played Starcraft but il take it on reputation alone that is an amazing game.

That out the way, onto Warcraft 3: The frozen Throne
    This is possibly the single greatest RTS game iv ever played in my life. I have yet to come across any game that can beat this. This is in all aspects, the TRUE definition of Real-time-Strategy.
    Why you ask? what makes it so good?
    Well it actually has you make instant decisions depending on circumstances that mean every second counts. It has a game engine and playability thats simply spot-on and works. For every unit you make - There are numerous viable counters but they in turn have viable counters. The game is never about simply who has the bigger army - It comes down to pure micro-management of your units and the ability to macromanage your economy effectively.
    Iv seen how the game has developed from the day it was released and iv never witnessed any other gaming community like it that constantly strives forward in excellence in the way the game is played. Over the years the strategys developed and so did players to become better and better until they reach levels that show show theres almost no way to improve further....but there always is! Be they little things or big things, theres always another strategy thats around the corner for it the revolutionises the way the game is played.

I myself stopped playing it over a year ago but iv never seen or played a game thats come close.

13. Infenro

Infenro What's a Dremel?

But c&c isnt revolutionary this time around it has the same enigne as generals. Where as Supcom is trully unique so far, any way good point from Damouse someone needed to say that.

14. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

Anyone else played as Nod yet? I love their base defences (3 for the price of one :D) but the AI never makes good use of that in skirmish mode, even on brutal. However their vehicles seemed lacking to me with none of the fun of the GDI tank rushes; they don't seem to have any punch. Their infantry isn't as good as GDI either and I found it hard to get a damage output that could be effective in the large battles. I loved Nod in the original but I'm really not feeling it here.

If you don't know how to play as Nod:
    Select Nod from the drop down menu, it won't do anything but is still needed. Then press ctrl+alt+n. You can do the same to turn your opponent to GDI. I tried Skrin but of course that didn't work :p

15. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

I like SupCom. I was a total TA fan :) (good ol days) but I like the C&C series as well (played all of them) I see all these people complaining, but you can't compare these two games they are both different type of games in the RTS genre.

But ontopic: I'm definatly going to buy C&C:TW... looks really great, and I like the music in the C&C series :)

16. IccleD

IccleD What's a Dremel?

You know what, I don't care about any of the hype or arguements.

It's Command & Conquer, therefore, I'll buy it, play it to death, then place it on my shelf next to all the other C&C Games, my copies of TA & SupCom and other games I've played to death. (EDIT: I've not played SupCom to death just yet, but it'll get there eventually!)

But, I'm only buying it because it is Command & Conquer. Nothing can change my mind on that. Just ask the Missus!! :)

17. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

I found it funny :p

Personally I can't stand most RTS games but even I can see that SupCom and C&C are quite different and people's preferences will depend highly on their preferred style of game-play. It's like gaming mice: your favourite mouse is likely not the same as the one I prefer and is definitely not the best one for everyone.

18. Carbon_Arc

Carbon_Arc What's a Dremel?

I played as NOD using a 'altered' config file, didn't know it was as simple as ctrl+alt+n!!

They have some very cool units, flame tanks being my all-time favourite, and a nice twist on base defences.

I was very disappointed with the SupCom from the demo, ran like a dog on my gaming rig. Im a big TA fan, and still play it regularly, but i guess i'll have to wait till i upgrade again to get the most from SupCom.

Until then, i was impressed by C&C3, some nice new twists and some nice old references to the original game (check the NOD laster tower sound effect). Not quite to the Company of Heroes level of greatness, but worth a punt for 30 quid surely.

19. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

not a fan of Supreme Commander, really miss C&C games....bring back the Grand Cannon....that was a gun n a half.

Gunna go dig out RA2 now me thinks.

20. randosome

randosome Banned

ha ha that gun rocked :p although the prism towers were clearly better in big enough groups, plus their ROF was much better and the grand cannon had a minimum range too, so if you got close enough it was useless

Tags: Add Tags