1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Candy Cube - Water and Air - November 8th.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Colossous, 8 Nov 2007.

1. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

whaoo, best use of black fesser one yet.

2. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Ohhh... Marbelized paint :hip: Thats one Killa lookin MM cube. Awesome job!

3. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

Yeh kier, i'm pleased with the black Feser myself :D
    mnpctech, i wish the rain would go away here so i could get some sun on that candy paint and do it justice !!

4. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

IMHO the candypaint is crazy, even indoors, when it's raining outside... Frikkin awesome! :)
    ANd thx for the kind words... Hope to get further soon, but this weekend contains too much beer to do anything! *LOL*

5. NZ_mod_man

NZ_mod_man What's a Dremel?

DAMN! LOVE the paint job! Keep it up.

6. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

mmm marbleized

huh

oh, yh nice case mate

that ultra will go nicely with my new system. whats your address again lost the post it :p

7. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Hey Colossus

I've been waiting another one from you and damn, does it look good again :thumb:

A question about your choice of motherboard. If I didn't see wrong, you already had the P5K mobo, but then decided to go with the Blood Iron, did you happen to have problems with the SATA controller? :D

This goes out to everyone who's reading this, stay away from P5K Deluxe and Premium! They have defective SATA controllers which can not be fixed with a bios update. With luck you might get a working mobo, but really often they have huge issues. Asus knows about this problem for sure, so I'm just wondering why they aren't doing anything about it.

Keep up the fantastic work, I'm dying to see more.

Darkened

P.S. Try adjusting your photos with either Gimp or Photoshop if you have it, Auto Levels does wonders, lol. Actually it seems that your camera is not adjusting your white balance right, it's waaaayyyy too warm...

8. lost_r0nin

lost_r0nin What's a Dremel?

That is one secksy looking case, I can't wait to see it done. Congrats on the MoTM nomination

9. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

Thanks guys, sorry kylevdm - that Ultra's staying there lol ! I'm actually building two systems atthe moment Darkened (this one being the showy one and purely a gaming rig really) so it was'nt about the raid issue - i had heard they're bad for that though ! lost_r0nin, i've got the side and top panels to finish and a few led's to swap out and its just about there ! Work and changing my car got in the way the last few days !!

10. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

Wow! I don't know how I could have missed this mod for so long! Ó_ò Very nice paint job! The mod is very clean and with great finish! Very nicely done!

(My only gripes with this mod is the uncovered/plain pump and the externally mounted hdd, which looks non-squarely mounted, and the "not so pretty wiring". On the other hand, that wiring looks so ghetto on this otherwise clean looking case, that I start looking at it as a ironic joke... and this makes me kind of like it. :D )

Oooo! and that black liquid in the cooling lines... sooo hot!!! 8D¨ Great job! I will be looking forward to your next mod, keep it up!

11. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

Sorry for the lack of updates guys ! Bought a Saab turbo and had life stuff get in the way !! In the process of stripping the cube down a bit and redoing a few idea's !! More soon !!

12. mr_carl

mr_carl What's a Dremel?

Exelent work, really clean look and the paint is wonderful.

So how ar you liking the SAAB then, can you feel the Sweedish craftmenship in the build :)

13. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

Its really nice mr carl ! Its a 9-5 estate (good looking estate car imo !) with sportspack suspension - brakes and big alloys and full leather interior - i'm loving it but it has taken time (and money !) away from the cube but i'll be back on the project next week !

14. Timmee

Timmee What's a Dremel?

The finish on the case looks like red acid wash anno. Even though red's not my favorite color, I like it. :thumb:

15. rodeo45

rodeo45 Who's your daddy ???

You did incredible job painting it... have you updated it lately?

16. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

The cube is sold now and i have a slow burner project on the go involving a Lian Li G70 (project log starting soon) and in the mean time my gaming rig is residing in a Silverstone TJ07 !

Tags: