1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Display issue

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Rob3003, 8 Dec 2015.

1. Rob3003

Rob3003 What's a Dremel?

Hi Guys,

I am in need of assistance from yourselves. I have a game that I have not played in a while Command & Conquer First Decade (Yes I know it's an old game). I've installed the game on my Laptop and when I try to launch Yuri's Revenge it pops up with a dialogue box saying "Please insert the CD". The game is a genuine copy and I don't understand why it's doing his. Any ideas?

Also if I try and open Red Alert 2 or any of the other Command & Conquer games it launches into the game but the background just turns black with just the mouse cursor that I can see and move.

I've tested other games on the Laptop (Footy Manager, Age of Empires etc) and it launches the other games without any issues.

Also the last time I played C&C on the Laptop it worked perfectly. Also the operating system I am using is Windows 7.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance...

2. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Not advocating piracy in any way, but some of my older games DRM systems are bugged - anyone remember Starforce DRM? - so I use the NO-CD patches found on sites like Megagames to work around the older issues.

Support for these older games has essentially vanished, so for me it was a fix it yerself approach.

As to why it's only exhibiting this behaviour recently, I've got no idea.

And it's not a Display Issue ;)