1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete In win 303 RDR2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by fiscalmodding, 21 Aug 2020.

1. fiscalmodding

fiscalmodding What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Index
    1.Introduction
    2.Design
    3.Sponsors
    4.Products
    5.Paint
    6.Details and Modeling
    7. build
    8. Final​

Introduction

In this project I based myself on the video game saga Red Dead Redemption in which it revolves around the American Far West. In this mod I'm going to separate the environment based on several "themes". The exterior will be a safe like the ones you can see in the game playing a lot with paint and aged effects. On the inside I will emphasize the use of leather, hemp rope and a totally different painting than the one I wore outside creating a different look.

Design

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fiscalmodding

Sponsors
    [​IMG]

Products

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Paint
    For this work I am using different types of paint first I have used:
    First I have used an off-road impregnation, after 24hrs I have painted the box with Mtn 94 Bordeaux Red I have used 2 coats and finally for the finish I have used a varnish / lacquer with gloss finish.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see here I tried on the bottom of the box as it would be the paint, which I used glass paint mixing vintage gold with red to make this effect oxidized I let it dry and this is the finish.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 6 Oct 2020
  3. fiscalmodding

Paint 1.2
    As you can see I have already given the whole rust effect to the box, even some small details to the box supports with hemp rope.
    After turning it over, I decided to give a darkened gold border and a copper effect to the lower dust filter. Both the pcie and the silver of the front hub have been painted with a gold effect
    to further highlight the effect. Soon I will show you the cartridge case, there are coming REAL rifle cartridges and small details. For a more updated follow up I am publishing details through social networks
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Taritha, Toru, Cheapskate and 2 others like this.
  4. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

Looking Good!

I'm one of those big kids who likes to slide down the stair hand rail on his bum ! But i'd be in for a surprise at your place !

fiscalmodding likes this.
  5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Lovely paint job. My dyslexic *ss thought it was going to be a robot from the title.
    @Defyant Mods -Right? 9 year-old me would be all over that... :worried: for different reasons.

fiscalmodding and Defyant Mods like this.
  6. fiscalmodding

Thank you very much,

there are still a lot of details that I am finishing. When I was little I spent every day touching the handrail xD

Thank you very much,

I try to make the painting work better in all projects. Sometimes when I enter the project's photo folder I expect to see an r2d2 and not an in win box jajajajja.

7. fiscalmodding

After several months waiting for the pump, it was not the pump I needed and I had to adapt it to the distroplate.
    Also, using icing paint I have made the dinnerfa on the outside of the box.
    Then I designed some TNT cartridges with a pvc tube that I had left over,
    and with some wood that I found at home, sandpaper and lighter, I have given them a worn touch, adding these by the box to get that effect of the west.
    Finally, with some leather strips on the tempered glass I tried to give that touch of old suitcase taking these strips with magnets for easy opening.
    Finally on the inner sides of the box is leather with a handmade pencil case, designed with the leather strips mentioned above.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jean R built, Toru and Cheapskate like this.
  8. fiscalmodding

FINAL
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jean R built, Taritha and dan297 like this.
  9. dan297

dan297 Modder

The "sleeving" is top notch :thumb:

10. Cheapskate

Love the patina work. :D It came out great. The Dynamite and shot shells would fit better if you wrapped them in brown paper. I don't know when cardboard shot shells came into use. They may have been solid brass at that time, but I'm sure they didn't have polyethylene. :lol:

11. fiscalmodding

Thank you, the truth is that if they told me that I had to do it again.... I do not :grin:

The truth is that you are right, on the top I used a .30-03 Springfield cartridge, but I wanted to put 12g lead and the tnt. inside and I opted for the originals and a pcv for the dynamite. I liked your idea.

Pd: Thank you very much for always being in my worklog supporting.

12. Cheapskate

Where on earth are you located that you found .30-03? :eyebrow: I think I had you confused with one of the eastern Europe modders. :lol:

13. fiscalmodding

Sorry, I made a mistake writing .30-06 here is used for hunting, I thought you knew me joo :waah:

14. Cheapskate

:lol: My brain is too soft to keep track of everyone. I've laid hands on 30-40krag, but NEVER seen the stuff of your typo.

15. fiscalmodding

Here in Spain the .30-06 is used for hunting, I am not involved in the subject, a friend is the one who gave me the cartridges for the project .[​IMG]
    [​IMG]